Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
scrounging around for the likes of winks, gilmour and cornet is depressing but surely they can't be worse than we already have?
I'd like any of them over our current options. I don't want to see Davies or Gomes in that midfield ever again. Cornet is a good replacement for Richy IMO. Even if they don't start, my concern is depth. Last season we had kids and 2 GK's on the bench. This season, we can make more subs and we have absolutely no-one to bring on.

Once the injuries start, we're really knackered.

Why would he risk his world cup spot? If he joins another team he'll have to actually try to get in the team. Here he's guaranteed to start, no matter how crap he plays.
Haven't you just contradicted yourself? You think he can get a World Cup spot, by playing awful for Everton? With zero service. He'd be better taking a punt elsewhere.

Yeah, saving us from ourselves isn't it. Not much surprises me in football any more but Jessie Lingard getting James Rodriguez money off a newly promoted side is quite something.
James weren’t even getting that mate. I’ve seen sources ranging from 90-150k a week, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

It is indeed worrying. Few if any will say don't worry we are in good hands. They know what they are doing etc. Nobody expects miracles, just a few signs of obvious strengthening will help us to face up to the big challenges ahead.

James weren’t even getting that mate. I’ve seen sources ranging from 90-150k a week, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
I heard James was on around the 150 mark but it was made up of all sorts of commercial add ons that meant he was taking home close to 200k. If he was in control of his own image and marketing it might explain why the club never properly utilised his popularity.... equally I might be giving the club to much credit, the likelihood is they were just so inept they didn't realise what they had.

the links have all but stopped now too. Broja was our no1 priority and we didn't even bid.
Nobody wants to give us a player in return for an IOU from Mosh and Bill

We are truly in a bad spot:

Keeper: sound

Defense: We have half of a defense
Central Defense: Tark is solid, Mina may be okay on the rare occasion he is healthy and the rest are not good enough
Fullback: Mykolenko is fine and the rest are not. Patterson may well develop into a good player but he is nowhere near ready to be a week in, week out starter

Midfield:
DM: Gbamin may be a squad player
CM: Not a one is good enough to be a regular starter. Doucoure and Iwobi could be squad players
AM: Dele is.....I'm not sure, but reliable isn't it

Attack:
Wingers: Gordon is not as good as we want him to be. Promising yes, but should still be coming off the bench rather than a regular starter we depend on. Gray is squad quality and Townsend, before the injury, was a possible impact sub capable of a worldie now and again
Striker: Dom.....he has next to no service so it is hard to judge, but he is hardly a clinical finsher. A good striker yes, but can't carry a team. Rondon not worth mentioning.

At the least we need starting caliber:
a center half
a defensive mid
a central mid
a goal threat from the wing

That's just to make us functional and give us a fighting chance to stay up if we remain injury free. Without those 4 we are in real trouble.

What would we get for Pickford and DCL, maybe 120 million plus the Richo money which would give us 180 mill. Would we have to throw that money at FFP or could we spend it on players. We've got a reasonably good keeper in Begovic and we'd need 2 strikers and we need at least 2 midfielders and 2 defenders. How much can we afford to spend, cause unless there is money already available, which we're led to believe there isn't how on earth are we gonna strengthen.

What would we get for Pickford and DCL, maybe 120 million plus the Richo money which would give us 180 mill. Would we have to throw that money at FFP or could we spend it on players. We've got a reasonably good keeper in Begovic and we'd need 2 strikers and we need at least 2 midfielders and 2 defenders. How much can we afford to spend, cause unless there is money already available, which we're led to believe there isn't how on earth are we gonna strengthen.
We can't do that at this point in the summer, but I'm starting to understand the temptation. Kickstart a massive rebuild by buying up several young European prospects so that we can properly turn over every position. This slow nightmare is just painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back