Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Barkley reeks of Kenwright.
He was offered by his agents last week.

But, FWIW - and I don't know how accurate this is - I saw a Chelsea journo say the other day that Lampard likes Barkley. It's weird like as I think Barkley was pretty in and out during Lampard's time there.

Thing is we do have decent scouts, who put a lot of work in. The last bloke decided to ignore them a lot and ripped the whole recruitment department up. Most of those scouts do still work for us in some capacity but we currently have no head of recruitment, which is one of the roles they are trying to fill. A DoF should not be head of recruitment.

I'm not sure why Steinsson was so highly rated, mind, but at least he was the head of recruitment under Brands and there was some structure.
It's a complete and utter lack of imagination, drives me crazy. We might as well wind up our scouting operation and just get a Sky, BT Sport and Amazon Prime subscription. Save a few quid.

Thing is we do have decent scouts, who put a lot of work in. The last bloke decided to ignore them a lot and ripped the whole recruitment department up. Most of those scouts do still work for us in some capacity but we currently have no head of recruitment, which is one of the roles they are trying to fill. A DoF should not be head of recruitment.

I'm not sure why Steinsson was so highly rated, mind, but at least he was the head of recruitment under Brands and there was some structure.
We're utterly addicted to PL players. It's been an abject and expensive failure pursuing that strategy but still, with a new manager and new DoF, we just keep flogging that dead horse. I take your point about a head of recruitment but we don't have one so someone has to take control this summer and that has to be Thelwell. It's all well and good having a network of scouts but if you don't ever use them then what's the point?

We're utterly addicted to PL players. It's been an abject and expensive failure pursuing that strategy but still, with a new manager and new DoF, we just keep flogging that dead horse. I take your point about a head of recruitment but we don't have one so someone has to take control this summer and that has to be Thelwell. It's all well and good having a network of scouts but if you don't ever use them then what's the point?
I think Thelwell and Lampard are working together right now. But going for players from other leagues doesn't guarantee success either. It does come with its own risks but the price is usually lower. Players that have adapted to PL come without that risk, but the off-putting part is the price - which seems to be why we've only wanted certain players on loan (Winks, for example).

We have approached Lille for Onana and like the lad at Wolfsburg.

Look at 2019 window. We bought Kean and Gbamin from outside the PL, not including Gomes who was here already, and it didn't exactly work out. It shouldn't matter what league they play in, just if they're good enough and the right deal can be done.

We need to sign the next soucek, bissouma or hojberg. All players bought to the Premier league for 15 mil or less. Our scouting department need to sort it out. We shouldn't have to spend 25 million on a player every time

But why would we do that when we could continue with our tried and tested method of waiting until one of our rivals does it then not being able to afford them?

I think Thelwell and Lampard are working together right now. But going for players from other leagues doesn't guarantee success either. It does come with its own risks but the price is usually lower. Players that have adapted to PL come without that risk, but the off-putting part is the price - which seems to be why we've only wanted certain players on loan (Winks, for example).

We have approached Lille for Onana and like the lad at Wolfsburg.

Look at 2019 window. We bought Kean and Gbamin from outside the PL, not including Gomes who was here already, and it didn't exactly work out. It shouldn't matter what league they play in, just if they're good enough and the right deal can be done.
We could risk signing players who might not adapt or we can sign players who have shown they're average at best when fully adapted.

Taking a flipping risk.

The only thing that complicates this with the Americas is work permit issues but it still can be negotiated around
Yeah. It normally involves having a sister club like Brighton have in Belgium where they can get games at a club with the same philosophy.

Of course that takes years of preparation.

It will be interesting to see how Undav does in the Pl since Brighton have lacked a scorer since they've been in the Pl and Undav hit about 3 in 4 in Belgium.

But, FWIW - and I don't know how accurate this is - I saw a Chelsea journo say the other day that Lampard likes Barkley ?. It's weird like as I think Barkley ? was pretty in and out during Lampard's time there.
Think its been well reported he didnt want him at Chelsea.
Hope he hasnt changed his mind.

Was he? I'd literally never heard of him until people started posting links to him, and if he was so good, surely wolves would want to be playing him instead of selling him anyway.
Of the names, was my main focus. Of all the names I’ve seen credibly floated, he at least looked like he had the athleticism and attacking mindset from midfield.

44% pass completion....

WELCOME

90% of those completed passes were probably backwards.

What I still don't understand is our obsession with only signing players from the Prem, especially as clubs like Brighton have proven that if money is tight, you'll get much better value in properly scouted players from abroad.

What is it? Can we just not be arsed? Does Bill want to save on his phone bill by only making domestic phone calls?

Someone send Kenwright a Lebara sim card.

But, FWIW - and I don't know how accurate this is - I saw a Chelsea journo say the other day that Lampard likes Barkley ?. It's weird like as I think Barkley ? was pretty in and out during Lampard's time there.

I don't think he likes Barkley. He managed him and shunned him to the side for Mount and even played Kante further forward than him.

Didn't he send him to Villa on loan too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back