Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of talk amongst us Chelsea supporters there was always likely to be an almost buy one and get one free with Berkley . Chelsea won’t be pushing too hard for all the cash up front so the terms would be pretty attractive no doubt something like £10million say with an add on at say seasons end if you finish in x position or a trigger that suits FFP
Batshuayi will run all day and will score a few Berkley is a far better player than some seem to feel the problem for him was that he had the likes of Kante, Kovacic, Mount and Jorginho ahead of him when he was fit and he isn’t close to them players consistently
Even at Villa he did very well, well , or not so but from what I can recall there were obligations that would have picked in after so many games etc and at the time Villa just didn’t see the value so the trigger points were avoided
As for Berkleys off field discipline FL himself had issues.
I think your club have so many players that you want to get rid. Surely Barkley should be on a free and the striker for a low fee as they are almost 29 and both have one year left in their contracts.

Glad we bought McNeil and Vinagre seems a sensible squad player. We will need the Mykolenko's when we play better teams but also need to have more wingback threat when we player lower teams. Having that choice is key to stopping the repeat of previous years where we draw with Chelski and then get beat by Norwich.
Both McNeil and Vinagre seemed somewhat out of the blue signings and not part of the sickening, poor,lazy rumours spread by the rags - what others like that are out there??

PL sustainability or FFP were the lines on TalkSport the other day. Rodgers was advocating the need for a rebuild, but they've yet to bring anyone in.

Worse for them, they have ten first team players out of contract next year including Vardy, Tielemans, Amartey, Schmeichel, Evans, Mendy and Choudhury.

That's a fair part of their first team squad who could be leaving, with Tielemans being the most likely source of bringing any form of big fees in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers walked.

Interesting mate.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/315040...gap-premier-league-big-six-still-100m-behind/

Maddison would be a great signing for someone mate, im a big fan of Fofana there to - hes absolute quality if he can stay fit - very underrated.

Mate at Villa he started well, went off the boil, his hammy we t when he came back he was shockingly bad and dropped - not a chance on earth we are giving you anything - especially 10m or more for him after he basically fecked over the club to the tune of 10-15m when he moved to you.

Also soon as he could Lampard was the one who binned him off to Villa after slating his professionalism or lack thereof.

Side not though it's kinda funny seeing your new owners in action, after so many years of having the best in the sphere in Marina it's shocking to see how bad you've been getting deals done this summer.
Hey I never rated RB but during his time at Villa you played 37 league games. He was injured as you say with a hamstring and missed 6 games the 7th agains us he was not eligible as was the case with the last game of that season which was against us.So was could have played in 29 league games

He didn’t play a minute against WBA,Leeds, Fulham, Spurs or Palace. Two of those games were the last fixtures of your season. In the 24 games he did play other than the Brighton game when he came off injured after 5 minutes he played a minimum of 20 minutes in every game.

Again I am not saying you weren’t right to bin him but the understanding we were under was the that he didn’t feature in the last 3 games was either was because he couldn’t or clauses would have been triggered.

Marinas strengths weren’t around getting players in it was always the incredible deals see could achieve for outgoings. As for players coming in yep we haven’t got either Kounde or Raphina which is a blow but what is different this season is that the new owners are a little bit too open but they will learn but there are still 5 weeks left in the window and things do gain a pace as the window comes close to a conclusion
Luckily we have had a few return from loan who might do a decent job players like Gallagher, Dyjon Sterling, Colwill, Broja and Ampadu and it was interesting to see Bohey saying that there may well be solutions from within

The thing that REALLY concerns me about signing Barkley, Gana and Batsuayi (beyond their questionable use) is what it will mean for our chronic wage bill. Even if they all took pay cuts, we will be adding big wages to the bill - which is madness with our current situation.

I like our new strategy of only signing ex players, or players from Wolves, Chelsea or Burnley.

What with Brexit and all that, it’s good to see a clear and obvious strategy in place by an organisation, showing it can actually be done.

Thevin Kelwell doing the lords work

chelsea fans seem to think we are signing; Barkley, Batshuayi and Gilmour all at once. we will have ruined the transfer window again, if this is true. Part of me wants it to happen just to see Paul Merson's meltdown on SSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back