Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Keane.

Hurry up Kevin, these four alone are draining over £250k a week from the club. £12m a year for a return of absolutely nothing.

Get the carts gone.
Keane will be going nowhere until at least one of Mina or Godfrey are fit, more likely Godfrey as Mina’s very rarely fit anyway!

….it’s high risk strategy, Billy, given what happened to the Zouma and Tomori on Deadline Day.

i actually think the target is bringing in 2 attackers, but the Gordon deal determines the quality we can acquire.
It's very risky, in part I could understand getting another target lower on the list in first, to mitigate but that isn't ideal either.

Things can quickly go south on deadline day and by the mid-afternoon with targets missed and fans clamouring, logic can go out of the window with the resultant chaos in making a move in desperation, or none at all.

The player-exchange element of any Gordon deal if there is one, also adds a whole extra layer of complexity. There may be more than one player, permanent and/or loan, and either or both may not be keen on being makeweights and joining us. Such deals are rare for a reason.

I don't envy them their task. It's almost a certainly that they will be unable to please everyone and equally certain we'll end the window with gaps, but I expected that.

I'm marginally more confident in Thelwell/Lampard getting it right even if it takes another fortnight.

How do you work that out? It's not 9 additional goals, it's 9 goals to replace the 10 goals that Richarlison scored.

I’m not meaning this season I’m talking more in general. If last season we had more players chipping in with those kind of returns then we wouldn’t be battling relegation.

Guirassy nowhere to be seen at training today...

Guirassy.png

It won't, they only get a small cut
They can have the lot mate, if we don't have to pay his wages or pay Spurs anything for him. The way the deal seems to have been structured, it was worth a try. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Dele is a shadow of the player he was, I don't think his form will ever return, sadly, if we can get out of his 100k a week wages and paying Spurs any of the structured payments.

Unfortunately, if this goes through, I can see us paying him 50k a week fo the privilege of seeing him play for somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.