Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said last night if we are selling we have to have players lined up yes prices will go up but we should have been working on deals
it's not like we haven't seen this coming. Chelsea have bid twice already and it sounds like AG has expressed a desire to move so this hasn't been sprung on the club. Likewise we all knew it was likely to be Richie's last season with us so why wasn't a direct replacement ready.

He's just turned 26 and doesn't have a bad injury record? I don't think we've even been linked but Dembele would be just about the best signing we could make for that position in my opinion. He'd certainly be more than a stopgap.
It's not an awful injury record. It's also not a great one. He's missed a substantial number of games in a lot of seasons. If you look at Terrier's injury history, that's more what I want to see.

We're probably disagreeing about the definition of 'stopgap' - what I'm seeing there is a player that's likely to contribute, but also to drop off before the end of a probable five-year contract. I don't think we get a sell-on or a second contract there, so the fee ends up being pure outlay. That said, the price is quite a bit cheaper than relegation, so there's that.

it's not like we haven't seen this coming. Chelsea have bid twice already and it sounds like AG has expressed a desire to move so this hasn't been sprung on the club. Likewise we all knew it was likely to be Richie's last season with us so why wasn't a direct replacement ready.
Agree mate. Really poor. I just mean the situation we are in now you have to believe they have deals ready to go if we sell but this is Everton.

Adams cost Southampton £15 million and has definitely been worth it. I'd be surprised if they let him go for less than £20 million unless they need the money.

We will be relegated if we wait until January to do our business.
We have done our business, mate. The Gordon situation is an unseen happening.

We have sold Richy and brought McNeil in, and plugged some defensive holes and CM.

Doms injury wasn't hoped for but Frank said that he will be back in a couple of weeks so if there is to be cover it would have to be a stop gap/loan/journeyman to make up the numbers.

The fact it's pure profit means we could make three pretty big deals you look how many players we have bought with the Richy money. Agree I don't trust the recruitment mind you but you can't turn down 60m whatever his potential is.

It doesn't work like that mate - no one else is stupid enough to sell their best players with a week to go in the window and if they do they will want a premium.

If it absolutely makes business sense do it (which i dont think it does), next summer.

We just cant go out and cherry pick players at this stage. People are jacked up on transfer hysteria at the moment, but you have to take a step back and look at the team and whether this deal enables opportunity - it doesn't at this stage in the window.

If he goes this week, then people have no right to moan when we have absolutely 0 threat at the weekend.

Its like Rooney all over again.

We signed McNeil just because he was available, not because he fit the system we wanted to play, or was the type of player we needed.
And that’s the trap we keep falling into, it’s like the 3 number 10’s scenario, signing, just because, I’ve nothing against McNeil but that money should’ve been spent on a striker.

We have done our business, mate. The Gordon situation is an unseen happening.

We have sold Richy and brought McNeil in, and plugged some defensive holes and CM.

Doms injury wasn't hoped for but Frank said that he will be back in a couple of weeks so if there is to be cover it would have to be a stop gap/loan/journeyman to make up the numbers.
No we need another forward how many times you can't rely on one goalscorer that's very old fashioned thinking. We need a striker to compete with Dom and a wide forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back