Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree personally mate, i really really rate his potential and ceiling.

What has he done? he's 21 and in his first 6 months as a starter he led out with Richarlison and Pickford in keeping us in this league through sheer leadership, determination and character - that before you look at his ability to break lines, penetrate and essentially get us into goal scoring positions, all the while playing without an out and out no 9.

Who you thinking mate, because i dont think you are getting loads of change out of 50 mill for one and we would need to replace Richarlison and Gordon - who accounted for the majority % of our goals and chance creation last season - trying to do that with a week to go in the window - now in a limited market.

That's before you look at our hideous record of recruitment, all of the above leads me to believe that its stupid to sell him at this moment in time.
I really like him, but I also worry he has something missing, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's just decision making that will come, but for £60m total potential deal I think it's too good to turn down.

Loads of times towards the end of last season, for example, he'd break in between the lines and then overhit or underhit a simple pass, or just try one more dribble than is necessary. When I compare even him and Barkley at the same age I think Barkley was a far better player, and he had a lot of faults too!

But of course, Everton have to get the right players in if he does go.

Same. Just checked and he scored 3 in the PL last season. £30m.

Tbf, seems a very natural Richarlison replacement, at least in the long term. Can play both Striker and wing, even went from Fluminese to Watford! Richy only managed 5 goals in a better Watford side.

Would be a good signing, imo. Just dunno if him in isolation can solve our problems up top right now. Him in conjunction with someone more proven would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back