Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we get Gana done today, see Dele arriving in Turkey and accept 60mill for Gordon with Broja in return i would have some faith we get all things done before End of August. Get in Everton FFS !!!

If only we get Gana done today, see Dele arriving in Turkey and accept 60mill for Gordon with Broja in return i would have some faith we get all things done before End of August. Get in Everton FFS !!!
If we get rid of Gordon having got rid of Richy and replace neither it will be difficult for us. Also why do people think that Broja is suddenly going to start scoring if he pulls an Everton shirt on?

Broja appearances = 35, goals = 6

The lack of activity in the market is becoming quite concerning for me especially when we saw how quickly the club resolved the deals we did finalise. It appears to a fan who knows very little about what is happening that we either don't have targets lined up or we are pushing deals late in the day to save money. This is not a surprise with kenwright doing transfers.

My worry as a fan now is that we will fail to get all positions we need and go with a compromise approach but the team will be negatively affected as a result and we will struggle to get form and consistent results over the remaining games. If we fail this window then the team will get worse and we will go backwards which based on last season means only one thing. The squad is worse off than it was last season even with the defensive recruits and with onana having to adjust to the league so our sacrificing points to save money is not going to be a good trade off over the 38 games.

The lack of activity in the market is becoming quite concerning for me especially when we saw how quickly the club resolved the deals we did finalise. It appears to a fan who knows very little about what is happening that we either don't have targets lined up or we are pushing deals late in the day to save money. This is not a surprise with kenwright doing transfers.

My worry as a fan now is that we will fail to get all positions we need and go with a compromise approach but the team will be negatively affected as a result and we will struggle to get form and consistent results over the remaining games. If we fail this window then the team will get worse and we will go backwards which based on last season means only one thing. The squad is worse off than it was last season even with the defensive recruits and with onana having to adjust to the league so our sacrificing points to save money is not going to be a good trade off over the 38 games.

Players become avaliable last week of a window.

If we get rid of Gordon having got rid of Richy and replace neither it will be difficult for us. Also why do people think that Broja is suddenly going to start scoring if he pulls an Everton shirt on?

Broja appearances = 35, goals = 6
I agree with most of what you say. However i expect Gordon to go regardless and I am not sure other strikers we have been linked with fill me with more confidence than Broja. Also for the fact that if gordon leaves we probably are looking at 5 incomings. I rather want 1 done than being stuck with 60mill in the bank at the end of the week and still no Gana, Kudus, DCL back up, Richy replacement and Gordon replacement.

I agree with most of what you say. However i expect Gordon to go regardless and I am not sure other strikers we have been linked with fill me with more confidence than Broja. Also for the fact that if gordon leaves we probably are looking at 5 incomings. I rather want 1 done than being stuck with 60mill in the bank at the end of the week and still no Gana, Kudus, Dominic Calvert-Lewin back up, Richy replacement and Gordon replacement.
I want a DCL replacement not back up can’t afford to have him back in the squad and needing 10 games to get up to speed no thanks Dom with a back up second rate striker or Rondon behind him he will just go through the motions he needs a massive kick up the and competition for his spot.

Players become avaliable last week of a window.
What quality become available compared to earlier on or at the very least towards the start of the season. The end of the window transfers are usually poorer quality and one thing we need is quality and improvement if you want to put it in a simple way. We may not be signing top 6 level players but we need each one to improve and attack wise we need top 6 quality even if they won't want to come here because of how we are ran. We don't need potential we need results. We don't need a striker who can score 20 in a few years we need strikers who can score 10-15 now and attackers to create chances.

I agree with most of what you say. However i expect Gordon to go regardless and I am not sure other strikers we have been linked with fill me with more confidence than Broja. Also for the fact that if gordon leaves we probably are looking at 5 incomings. I rather want 1 done than being stuck with 60mill in the bank at the end of the week and still no Gana, Kudus, Dominic Calvert-Lewin back up, Richy replacement and Gordon replacement.
With the greatest respect you are putting a lot of faith in complete unknowns and assuming a best case scenario.

Hopefully the Gana deal can be done but there is clearly an issue thus he is still not here.

The noise coming from Ajax is that Kudus is not for sale.

Dom's back up according to Frank will be a stop gap player.

Saying a Richy replacement and Gordon replacement is easy but who and how much would such players cost this late in the window if any are actually available. You have to consider that those two lads, along with Pickford are the reason that we are still in the premier league. I don't think that the reality of the situation is quite as simple as you suggest. Just my opinion, like, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back