Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to clarify, after 3 PL games with no decent striker and securing 1 point, the club are reacting by making sure there'll be no striker for a 4th PL game...and will undoubtedly stretch it to 5 PL games at Leeds, the day before the window slams shut.

That'll be 15 points cast aside by a club that stayed up by a whisker last season.

Worse is two of the games, we should be aiming for a win, against Forrest and Villa, as we found out last season margins are very fine, every point precious and you cant pass up any opportunity for a points in this league.

Davies just got injured again... at the end of the day having a strong, deep midfield can't be anything but good for us.

I know we all want attackers, but James Garner would be a quality signing for us. We have all harped on about the Brighton moneyball system for a while, selling Gordon for 60 mil and signing Garner for 14 mil makes a lot of sense.

I still wanna see links to forwards though, there were countless examples of our midfield creating chances last night, Rondon just looked completely off it, he's finished

I think we might have to throw our hat into the ring for that Kalajdzic who Wolves are trying to sign from Stuttgart, we are simply running out of time and options. His injury record as mentioned on here is far from ideal but hopefully he and Calvert-Lewin can take it turns when they're going to be out!

22 goals and 11 assists in 51 Bundesliga games, 6 foot 7, £20m will get him.

What type of player is garner? Didn’t see much of him at forest last year.
funny one. Some United fans, the one's who don't assume real football and Fifa are the same thing, want him to stay and play. They think he's good and he did well on loan last season.
That other lot see him as simply wasting a shirt that could be better filled with Frankie De Jong.
He wouldn't be a bad option but like McNeil he doesn't solve any of our immediate problems.

I mean, they clearly don't want gomes, gbamin and Allan. And if Garner and gana come in, they would probably look to let Davies go as well. Which would leave us with 6 and iwobi isn't a CM and won't be played as a CM if gana and Garner sign.
Iwobi offers more through the middle than out wide.
Last time an Everton player ran round breaking up the midfield and moving on turnovers to such a level was Gana.
Not one other player during that time (Alan being the closest)

Sort the Gordon deal out quickly and then target a young, foreign plug and play forward like Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica or Cody Gakpo at PSV (both rumoured to be 'available') with the first slug of the proceeds.

Then bang in either a Broja in on loan or a Brereton Diaz at £15m.

And icing on the cake is Kudus once Alli has gone.

I feel that would give us the striking options we need. If Gana comes in too, that would represent a bloody good window.

I can but dream... !

I doubt we have a chance of getting gakpo. Pretty certain that is man united's back up option if Antony doesn't work out.

Heard £40m being quoted, so think we are already priced out of that even with the Gordon sale.

funny one. Some United fans, the one's who don't assume real football and Fifa are the same thing, want him to stay and play. They think he's good and he did well on loan last season.
That other lot see him as simply wasting a shirt that could be better filled with Frankie De Jong.
He wouldn't be a bad option but like McNeil he doesn't solve any of our immediate problems.

Obviously striker is the most key thing but a proper DM is vital mate as well

True there is kneejerk in the fanbase and I am probably in that group too at times, but you have to remember we are all scarred by last season and he club don't help themselves by just doing the basics of having someone to put the ball in the net isn't too much to ask?
True that. Undoubtedly we need a striker and a wide forward. However, overreacting and acting childishly won' t bring us Van Baten and Garincha. Some ridiculous shouts here and the season has only just begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back