Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 137624
I think next years the big one, Gilfi, Delph, Tosun is easily another £250,000 per week off the wage bill. I think Richarlison might go next summer to so should give us a bit more wiggle room
I love how people reckon we will be ok once players contracts expire. If the above are released, that leaves us with 17 first team players. If richarlison goes too, that's 16. Even with the savings in wages and 100m for richarlison, we are not going to be able to sign 9 or 10 players of the quality we need. We are in a real mess.

I love how people reckon we will be ok once players contracts expire. If the above are released, that leaves us with 17 first team players. If richarlison goes too, that's 16. Even with the savings in wages and 100m for richarlison, we are not going to be able to sign 9 or 10 players of the quality we need. We are in a real mess.

If we have 17 players, why do we need another 9-10 players?

If your not in Europe a squad of about 20ish first team players + a few kids is more than enough.

If we have 17 players, why do we need another 9-10 players?

If your not in Europe a squad of about 20ish first team players + a few kids is more than enough.
Because a premier League squad is 25 players. With injuries throughout a season, you need cover. It's why we had 8 players on the bench at Brighton (including 2 keepers)

mate we arent creating a squad to win the champions league season, a functional premier league squad should only have about 20 players max plus some youngsters.

I’m normally positive when it comes to Everton but leaving announcing rondon till 11 is a proper piss take. Contempt from the people running the club towards us all and thinking us fans are all idiots that will be made up we got one over the line at the very end.

I think regarding our full backs I think Benitez will adopt Carlo's tactics with Holgate and Godfrey so I'm not overly concerned in the terms of the position but more over the quality in the position.

Left Back - Digne/Godfrey/Delph(Eww)/Branthwaite

Right Back - Coleman/Kenny/Godfrey/Holgate

We also don't have James starting most games which left us defensively unbalanced on the right hand side and to be fair to Benitez he has brought in Townsend and worked wonders so far with Iwobi to suppress attacks against Coleman.

Plus our starting line up is very much "winger" based so Townsend, Iwobi, Gray and Richarlison will our strength this season which makes the loss of Diaz more of a blow.

Come January, Norwich will be also done so go get Aarons on the 1st and that position is done for the next 5 years.

I think regarding our full backs I think Benitez will adopt Carlo's tactics with Holgate and Godfrey so I'm not overly concerned in the terms of the position but more over the quality in the position.

Left Back - Digne/Godfrey/Delph(Eww)/Branthwaite

Right Back - Coleman/Kenny/Godfrey/Holgate

We also don't have James starting most games which left us defensively unbalanced on the right hand side and to be fair to Benitez he has brought in Townsend and worked wonders so far with Iwobi to suppress attacks against Coleman.

Come January, Norwich will be also done so go get Aarons on the 1st and that position is done for the next 5 years.
If we couldn't spend this window, we won't be spending in January.

I still cant believe this club was prepared to hand Rangers £8M for a sub who'd started 7 games for them.

It underlines that the idiocy is still there behind the scenes and that when we do get cash to spend again someone needs to be taken out of the equation in decision making on fees for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.