Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berahino could be wonderful for us under Koeman. He can be a tit but we like tits dont we.
Bera is same age as Rom...could do worse definitely.

Interesting to see who Koeman will target...

I hope that's true, we desperately need a player to play on the left and he looked good for Stoke, the £13m doesnt sound too bad.
13 mill is a bargain for him, he seems to have that kind of arrogance that cantona and zlatan possessed. I know he's not in their league by any means but i think he has bags of ability and when i watch him he just looks confident in his own ability on the pitch. Compare that to one or two of our players who talk the talk off the pitch but turn into pussycats on it more often that not.

Mirallas is the better player by a fair margin. You'd be making a mistake by basing your decision on their respective performances last season, because Martinez decided early on that Mirallas was not allowed to play and therefore he got almost no game time.

Well, they're very similar really - both inconsistent but when they hit top form they deliver. Based on last season is fine to use mate - Arnautovic was the better performer. Despite RM's mistakes, Kev never really grasped any opportunity last year either - but I think a properly motivated Kev this coming season will do wonders for us.

Well, they're very similar really - both inconsistent but when they hit top form they deliver. Based on last season is fine to use mate - Arnautovic was the better performer. Despite RM's mistakes, Kev never really grasped any opportunity last year either - but I think a properly motivated Kev this coming season will do wonders for us.

Think Kev's problem in the end was martinez's management of him. He became petulant sure but considering he was blocked a move in jan and then dropped, followed by encouraged to sign a new contract then hardly used, you can see why he may have been a little arsey on the pitch. When he played i thought in most cases he was great for us.

Now whether you would sell him based on his actions is another story, Koeman would be justified by not wanting him in the squad. I still think he is still one of our best attacking players when he really plays, just getting that out of him

Forster was one of the best keepers in the league last season, how the hell people don't want him is crazy.

At best he was about the 8th best in the league. Those below are better keepers, whilst it could also be argued reserves like Begovic are also better keepers.

Czech
De Gea
Schmeichal
Courtois
Butland
Hart
Lloris

At best he was about the 8th best in the league. Those below are better keepers, whilst it could also be argued reserves like Begovic are also better keepers.

Czech
De Gea
Schmeichal
Courtois
Butland
Hart
Lloris

Bar Butland, who I'd say is about on par, the ones you name are all better, yes.

However, there's no way Begovic is. Forster is easily the best goalkeeper in the PL not on that list above.

Think Kev's problem in the end was martinez's management of him. He became petulant sure but considering he was blocked a move in jan and then dropped, followed by encouraged to sign a new contract then hardly used, you can see why he may have been a little arsey on the pitch. When he played i thought in most cases he was great for us.

Now whether you would sell him based on his actions is another story, Koeman would be justified by not wanting him in the squad. I still think he is still one of our best attacking players when he really plays, just getting that out of him

See, I agree with this. Maybe not great, but certainly no worse than any of the others.

But he didn't help himself.

Niggling injuries are one thing, and that's understandable and not the player's fault, but two stupid red cards when he could have gone on to seal a place in the side were stupid and reckless.

And I don't buy that it was because he was trying so hard. It was petulant and as many mistakes as RM made he isn't to blame for that.

No, I wouldn't be actively looking to sell Kev and I don't think Koeman will either. He's 29 this year and I think he's probably realised that his time for a move to a 'huge' club has gone. I think he'll be flying in pre-season and I'm looking forward to seeing him next year.

Bar Butland, who I'd say is about on par, the ones you name are all better, yes.

However, there's no way Begovic is. Forster is easily the best goalkeeper in the PL not on that list above.

I'd rate Butland as being a lot better than Forster and i rated him at Celtic + when ive seen him at southampton.

Just think Butland is top class.

Also dont be surprised if Karius is very good as well.

This is why we need to ignore Cillissen. Hes not better than that list either....Rico or Leno would be on it though--and we need top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back