Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic not in the same league as Witsel, plus we need to start getting a return now on the Mosh millions, there will be no patience now at the club just results

My issue is that Witsel is not really the type of player we need. He's a bit of a better McCarthy, strong quick and recycles possession well. We need someone who can dictate midfield with their passing and open teams up. Witsel for me is not that player. It's also my opinion that Besic will be a great player and has more to his game than the likes of Witsel McCarthy Fellaini Wanyama Imbula etc. They all rely on their physical presence to boss games rather than their footballing ability.

I think I must be one of a small minority of people who actually think Krul is a decent keeper. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I do think he is a decent.

Barry was class last season. Had all the players turned up like he did we would have finished much higher than 11th

Describing his performances as 'class' is a bit of an overstatement. He did well in a terrible team, but he wasn't controlling games and leaving the opposition awestruck. None of the top 8 would have him as a first team player. We need better if we want to surpass midtable.

Think people are getting a bit carried away w the £100m warchest.. for squad players we can't afford to spend more than 10-12 mil depending on who's moved on and who Koeman prefers. We don't have the cash for a squad of Chelsea's size, nor would I ever want us to.

Some reflection on what we definitely need to buy needed as we should probably earmark at least £50m for GK and LW to make sure we can get the best possible one. That leaves £50m for backup CB, playmaker CM, backup RB, backup striker. Without cash for anyone leaving and the then necessary replacements.

So you wouldn't have taken Willian then as he did the same as have a lot of very good players mate, you think the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku etc who basically sat doing nothing on the Chelsea reserves showed more ambition than someone who moved and played football - won trophies and got to play in the CL every season for a good Zenit side?
you make a good point but Willian wasn't established in Europe before he went to the Ukraine . Witsel was . But you do make a good point .

Quality and solidity needed. That simple

4-5 players. Obv a striker if Lukaku leaves.

3 down the spine of the team: Keeper, defender, central midfielder and two quality creative additions i.e. Yarm and Sigurrdson. Before the striker buisness.

That would improve us no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back