Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATED FM LIST KLAXON*

Slimani: £25m (release clause)
Witsel OR Strootman: £30m
Draxler: £30m
Horn: £7m (release clause)

Total: £92m

Witsel or Strootman in the midfield partnering whichever of McCarthy or Besic step their game up. Draxler on the left. Slimani to join Rom as our strikeforce and be Koeman's new Pelle and Long.

Sure a couple of people will balk at the £30m evaluations but I'm fairly sure that's basically what a 'very good' player costs these days.

Would very happily have Ziyech on the left instead if he can play there but not sure he would.

This looks a very good list and is Horns release clause really so low? We should be all over that if so even if it will be a difficult sell.

I think all of the above makes perfect sense. We are not adding loads of players, just targeting key areas and improving the first team quality in them. I think that has to be the strategy where possible, quality over quantity. (I don't see much point in signings such as Cleverley/Lennon anymore).

I like the Draxler shout. Looking for another top draw player who can make a difference in the final third would be fantastic. He's gone slightly off the boil but is a very promising player.

I like the fact Koeman is addressing central midfield. Strootman and Witsel are top draw. Whats funny is Liverpool's top targets appear to be lads like the two Polish lads they've been linked with. They are all convinced some big signings are to come. I am yet to be convinced and wonder if this is their strategy under Klopp, Can you imagine the scenes if we brought in guys of Strootman/Witsel ability while they took Polish squad players?

I haven't looked back through all of the thread, so if it's mentioned I apologise. Does it not feel like the press are going "he's Dutch" "he plays in Holland" or "he plays for Southampton". None seem like genuine links and koeman has only been in the job 2 minutes.

One thing to bare in mind about the Dutch side of things... if we're doing business before the euros finishes it will be for players that aren't at it - that compounded with Koeman's dutch factor

I wouldn't want us paying even half of that to be honest. Couldn't imagine anything other than him massively flopping over here.

Why's that mate, out of interest? Seems to me like he'd fit the PL. Granted I've only ever actually watched half a match with him playing but still.

Pretty sure Mata was posted as a complete wind up by a blag ITK weeks ago and Evertonians are still talking about it like it's an actual link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back