Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a gamble, completely agree. If Moshiri is prepared to take that gamble though, who are we to object to it?

30m for a fully fit Strootman would be a bargain, but even with us having a fair bit of money right now, just be masively worried if we paid 30m for a guy who has only played a handful of games since coming back, IF we want him and Roma are willing though, could see a loan with an initial decent 4-5m fee attached with a guaranteed purchase price of say 30m (minus the initial loan fee) at the end of the loan should we want him being a goer though.

Pre injury - was arguably on the verge of becoming onje pof the best midfielders in the world - and his loss coincided with the Dutch team falling apart really as well.

Loan with agreed purchase fee set in stone at the end of the loan shoudl we agree - then yeah 30m i could deffo live with - if it meant we got a fit Strootman at the end of it.

Imagine a centre midfield with Witsel (30m - although i think we could get him for less than that), Strootman (initial 5m loan fee) and any of our current centre mids in say Besic or maybe even Ross with those two alongside him, - would be an absolutely dominating one. We want to go places then sometimes you have to take some calculated gambles, Strootman would be one of those, but if it paid off, then christ that would be some centre midfield on a par with anything at the top CL teams. and all done for 30-35m - leaving us a lot of money to adress other areas in the team, worst comes to the worst and Strootman breaks down - we've lost 5m, and still have a centre mid of Witsel, Mccarthy and barkley/Besic for example...

30m for a fully fit Strootman would be a bargain, but even with us having a fair bit of money right now, just be masively worried if we paid 30m for a guy who has only played a handful of games since coming back, IF we want him and Roma are willing though, could see a loan with an initial decent 4-5m fee attached with a guaranteed purchase price of say 30m (minus the initial loan fee) at the end of the loan should we want him being a goer though.

Pre injury - was arguably on the verge of becoming onje pof the best midfielders in the world - and his loss coincided with the Dutch team falling apart really as well.

Loan with agreed purchase fee set in stone at the end of the loan shoudl we agree - then yeah 30m i could deffo live with - if it meant we got a fit Strootman at the end of it.

Imagine a centre midfield with Witsel (30m - although i think we could get him for less than that), Strootman (initial 5m loan fee) and any of our current centre mids in say Besic or maybe even Ross with those two alongside him, - would be an absolutely dominating one. We want to go places then sometimes you have to take some calculated gambles, Strootman would be one of those, but if it paid off, then christ that would be some centre midfield on a par with anything at the top CL teams. and all done for 30-35m - leaving us a lot of money to adress other areas in the team, worst comes to the worst and Strootman breaks down - we've lost 5m, and still have a centre mid of Witsel, Mccarthy and barkley/Besic for example...

Think no one will loan these type of high profile player to us. They will want a fee.

Whatever happened to signatures on this forum? I used to love reading whoever it was that would do the list of targets linked with so far ...

Ziyech Strootman Arnatuovic Milik all sound good to me

Sure, still a concern having not played in a big league.

who else do you like over there + ukraine?

Most of the better players tend to be getting towards the late 20's now mate, like Hulk etc. so couldnt or should i say wouldnt really look at those - players like Criscito could do a great job as lb backing up baines but as hes 29 himself and unlikely to go from starting for zenit to our bench then dont see the point of it really.

For myself personally, Dzagoev would be an immense signing, 25, can play attacking mid, left wing at a top level and has matured into a brilliant deep playmaker/box to box midfielder, BUt and it's a big BUT - he is Russian - never played outside of Russia so would be a massive gamble on that alone, but available at 15m Euro buyout so possible worth the chance on him.

The 'young' talent right now isn't coming through in Russia, hopefully that changes over the next few years though, as for Ukraine, theirs a couple of talented younger players comign through their but none ready to come and play for us reight now i'd say.

Best bet on the Ukraine certainyl is to look at some of the south american imports at Shaktar as they seem to have a exceptionally good scouting network for undisovered prospects their, although personally would swerve massicvely that Bernard lad as he is way way too lightweigth for this league.

Would take Akinfeev - but similarly never played outside of Russia - is now 30 so not long term the answer at keeper and would cost an absolute fortune as he is arguably the most popular player int he league amongst russian fans

Probably missing a load of players i should remember but in summer slacking mode atm and brain not working ;)

Most of the better players tend to be getting towards the late 20's now mate, like Hulk etc. so couldnt or should i say wouldnt really look at those - players like Criscito could do a great job as lb backing up baines but as hes 29 himself and unlikely to go from starting for zenit to our bench then dont see the point of it really.

For myself personally, Dzagoev would be an immense signing, 25, can play attacking mid, left wing at a top level and has matured into a brilliant deep playmaker/box to box midfielder, BUt and it's a big BUT - he is Russian - never played outside of Russia so would be a massive gamble on that alone, but available at 15m Euro buyout so possible worth the chance on him.

The 'young' talent right now isn't coming through in Russia, hopefully that changes over the next few years though, as for Ukraine, theirs a couple of talented younger players comign through their but none ready to come and play for us reight now i'd say.

Best bet on the Ukraine certainyl is to look at some of the south american imports at Shaktar as they seem to have a exceptionally good scouting network for undisovered prospects their, although personally would swerve massicvely that Bernard lad as he is way way too lightweigth for this league.

Would take Akinfeev - but similarly never played outside of Russia - is now 30 so not long term the answer at keeper and would cost an absolute fortune as he is arguably the most popular player int he league amongst russian fans

Probably missing a load of players i should remember but in summer slacking mode atm and brain not working ;)

Not saying there aren't good players over there our imports from Russia have been pretty ropey. Like you say maybe looking at those in the Ukranian leagues - but again can't think of many success from over there to here.

Think no one will loan these type of high profile player to us. They will want a fee.

Mate, similar high profile loan with options to buy have been done with players before though, sometimes due to a bad injury casting doubt on their fitness and sometimes due to them playing that poorly that teams want to try before buying

Looking at it from a pure business perspective, roma ghave been paying him for two years without any return on the pitch, loaning him would see them recoup initialy 5m of a 14m fee they paid, also would see his wages paid in full - theirs another 2m saved, IF he breaks down they saved themselves 7m straight away - IF he prooves his fitness then they will have an agreement to sell at 30m quid - meaning they make a huge profit on their initial price they paid.

For Roma if they have got to the po9int they feel they want to move on and build a team not reliant on Strootman regaining full fitness long term - understandable after 2 years of struggles for him and them as a team, then it's a very smart option to loan him like this.

For the player himself, he would go to a different country / fresh start, with a National dutch icom as manager and with a very respected fitness expert arriving with Koeman as well, makes pergfect sense really, moreso when you know theat both Koeman now and Strootman share the same agent in Jansen as well

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same after reading that. Haven't we just let mattioni go!!
I've never ever taken notice of him playing so can't comment on ability but hopefully he has some luck with the knee now. Can't see how 30 million would even be plausible for someone who has missed 2 years of football.

At the time he wnet to Roma mate - United really badly wanted him but Roma gazzumped them on it, was seen as their new Keane etc by United

Not saying there aren't good players over there our imports from Russia have been pretty ropey. Like you say maybe looking at those in the Ukranian leagues - but again can't think of many success from over there to here.

actual ukrainian or russian born players - very few succeed abroad mate, moreso it tends to be south american or african imports that move their then move on that have more success

actual ukrainian or russian born players - very few succeed abroad mate, moreso it tends to be south american or african imports that move their then move on that have more success

Yeah agreed. Even when are successful elsewhere in Europe virtually never in the Premier League. Notable exceptions in the greatest Ukranian export Kanchelskis other than that your looking a as far down as Dmitri Kharine.

Heat what your saying about African/southamericans going on but none spring to mind certainly not In England anyway. Not saying there aren't literally can't think of any.

Depends if they want rid. Problem will be if they want rid then it's likely he's finished.

Not sure despite what people think we'd be in a position to bully the likes of Roma.

Wouldn't be bullying mate, it's giving Roma the chance to recoup 30m if he regains fitness - with those knee injuries his value will obviously have dropped massively until he prooves their behind him, IF he breaks down as i stated above then the come out having saved/earned 7m which wouldease the blow of it a little bit for them

See it happen in the NFK a fair bit, a player dogged by injuries - who eventually a team gets tired of 'hoping' they can come through it and cut their losses on the player, sometimes they are finished and soemtimes they go on to make the team regret the decision

In football can't think of too many players with these types of long term - double cruciate injuries to the same knee, in the NFL though - can think of some absolutely star players who had 2 or 3 cruciate injuries - often when still at colledge in some cases who went on to have hall of fame careers (equally can think of some players who had one injury to the knee that finished them at the top)

Yeah agreed. Even when are successful elsewhere in Europe virtually never in the Premier League. Notable exceptions in the greatest Ukranian export Kanchelskis other than that your looking a as far down as Dmitri Kharine.

Heat what your saying about African/southamericans going on but none spring to mind certainly not In England anyway. Not saying there aren't literally can't think of any.

Willian and Fernandino both came from the Russian/Ukranian leagues mate, been a fair few others as well, gave a list a whilst back on it, the actual number of russian players who made it though is appallingly small

I assume there is a queue of other clubs that are desperate to pay big money for a player whose knee has ruptured three times in a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back