Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on how big this mystical budget is.

£100m - we're going to have to get one or two world class players (if we buy from abroad, one if we buy from within the UK) and the rest top level, not necessarily ground breaking types.

If we sell Lukaku and Stones that's likely another £80m+, maybe even a lot more, but we've also lost two world class players. It's going to be absolute mayhem in the next 10 weeks if we are running around looking to spend £200m, and I just cannot see it myself. £100m can be done fairly easily

Thing is, absolutely no one has any genuine clue about how much we do have, 100m, 150m, 200m, seen those all bandied about, seen reports saying that included money that will be used to resign playrs to improved mcontracts, seen that is irresepctive OR inclusinve of sales etc depending on the report and source

All we do know for certain is that no one in the media has a clue about just how much we have, but from the changing nature of the reports they have got the whiff that we are after people that a decent amount of money wouldnt really allow us, they know we have a lot to spend just they don't know 'how' much that is

Depends on what Koeman sets as his own goal, does he want to build for a team that can gradually move up so that in 3 years it hits its peak and can mount a serious challenge for stuff, or doe she want to go for it straight off the bat, the names bandied around seem to suggest the latter, not being linked with prospects but with players age wise at their peaks (witsel, strootman etc), can easily see 100m gpoing fast here lol

Gonna go all Fm on ya ass here though

Strootman - 15m initial addons take it to 30 over a few years
Witsel 25-30m
Milik or Janssen - 15-20m
Ziyech - 10m
Kapustka - 10m
Horn or someone of that claibre (honestly never seen him play but going off people on here who rate him) - 10-15m
Some big grock cb from abroad 10-15m

95 - 115m right off the bat spent and not really even sorted out the left wign spot - oh well still got koen for that like

Matters become absolutely mental if we end up losing stones AND lukaku like and have to replace both those

Strootman is the type/level of player we are are in at present as, apart from larger wages - which most Premiership clubs can offer - he'd really have to buy into the long-term project to want to join us, while other clubs could offer him the wages plus European football already.

Maybe other clubs wouldn't want to take the risk on him, giving us an advantage by offering him a larger wage than he is currently on and making promises regarding goals for the club and his role in the team.

For very top players, though, I feel we'll struggle to attract them. We can't and won't go offering 150k a week. If we do that then you'll have Lukaku, Stones, Barkley all knocking on the manager's door demanding parity, and it's a slippery slope from there.

Right now for Strootman not having european football with the extra 10-15 games that come with that may be something he would want whilst regaining his confidence and fitness fully, as for being able to attract him, having Koeman here as manager would be a massive draw for any Dutch player i would imagine

But changes have to be gradual unless you are spending City / PSG money. Those two are decent players; is Long a better player than Kone and Naisse and Snivelley on the left? Of course. Is Scott Dann an experienced centre half that we desperately needed last season and didn't buy? Yep.
You think them players make us stronger? They are no better than what we have got the problem was that they were all badly mis-managed by Martinez.. I'm sure Koeman will have the defense well drilled and organized, i'm not saying there bad players but to take us to the next level then its a big NO from me

Thing is, absolutely no one has any genuine clue about how much we do have, 100m, 150m, 200m, seen those all bandied about, seen reports saying that included money that will be used to resign playrs to improved mcontracts, seen that is irresepctive OR inclusinve of sales etc depending on the report and source

All we do know for certain is that no one in the media has a clue about just how much we have, but from the changing nature of the reports they have got the whiff that we are after people that a decent amount of money wouldnt really allow us, they know we have a lot to spend just they don't know 'how' much that is

Depends on what Koeman sets as his own goal, does he want to build for a team that can gradually move up so that in 3 years it hits its peak and can mount a serious challenge for stuff, or doe she want to go for it straight off the bat, the names bandied around seem to suggest the latter, not being linked with prospects but with players age wise at their peaks (witsel, strootman etc), can easily see 100m gpoing fast here lol

Gonna go all Fm on ya ass here though

Strootman - 15m initial addons take it to 30 over a few years
Witsel 25-30m
Milik or Janssen - 15-20m
Ziyech - 10m
Kapustka - 10m
Horn or someone of that claibre (honestly never seen him play but going off people on here who rate him) - 10-15m
Some big grock cb from abroad 10-15m

95 - 115m right off the bat spent and not really even sorted out the left wign spot - oh well still got koen for that like

Matters become absolutely mental if we end up losing stones AND lukaku like and have to replace both those

Good stuff.

We're not in the era of patience here anymore - we want big changes over the next few years and that means buying "ready" players. It's why we need that DoF in place as soon as possible whoever that may be.

I genuinely don't think - unless Rom and Stones are sold - that this squad is desperately in need of £150m+ spent on it this summer to take it to the next stage of development. It certainly needs one or two high class additions (in goal and on the left) but there is a lot of mismanaged quality in there. If Mirallas and Koeman work well together that's a £20m player easily. Same with Del. I don't think anyone can get a tune out of McCarthy anymore but again, same thinking would apply. Barry unfortunately looks vulnerable, which is a shame.

There will be some first team departures, that's for sure. I'm still not convinced Funes Mori will be here at the end of August as he is highly rated abroad.

You think them players make us stronger? They are no better than what we have got the problem was that they were all badly mis-managed by Martinez.. I'm sure Koeman will have the defense well drilled and organized, i'm not saying there bad players but to take us to the next level then its a big NO from me

I think both would make the squad, not necessarily the first team week in week out, stronger yes.

At the moment if Everton spend £150m you've got probably what, 8 teams that will be instructing their managers to get a minimum top 5 finish. It's not going to be a panacea.

Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing, a player who popped the same knee 3 times, yeah badly swerve, seems to me with limited acl knowledge tbh that he had a bit of a issue regarding the healing after his first surgery they tried to fix with a minor surgery at first then opted to go the whole hog and do the reconstruction on the knee
I've ruptured my ACL 3 times (same knee) and have had all sorts of issues since. Not just the knee but I've had hip problems, ankle issues and a lot of muscle injuries. I first did mine when I was 25 (I'm now 37) and have not been able to get a cognisant run of games together since. So yeah I'd be a bit reluctant to spend big on him.

Fairly sure the only certainty this summer is that we'll spend the whole time being linked to every 20m+ player going. With extra special scrutiny if they happen to be Dutch.

haha can see a summer of 'how much do you want? How about 2/3 and a naisse?

'hey roman, remember that young african lad you were scouting not too long ago? Today is your lucky day!'

and of course

Lebondowski? Yeah we are interested, we are willing to offer you a kone, a niasse a mcgeady and we will throw a hibbert in for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back