Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ruptured my ACL 3 times (same knee) and have had all sorts of issues since. Not just the knee but I've had hip problems, ankle issues and a lot of muscle injuries. I first did mine when I was 25 (I'm now 37) and have not been able to get a cognisant run of games together since. So yeah I'd be a bit reluctant to spend big on him.
Not saying your concerns aren't worth thinking about, but I suspect the quality of both medical care and rehab that you received will be somewhat lower than what Strootman got.

I've ruptured my ACL 3 times (same knee) and have had all sorts of issues since. Not just the knee but I've had hip problems, ankle issues and a lot of muscle injuries. I first did mine when I was 25 (I'm now 37) and have not been able to get a cognisant run of games together since. So yeah I'd be a bit reluctant to spend big on him.

Similar, did my PCL in 2013 and had to have two operations on it since. I can play now but its not the same.

To spend serious money on someone who hasn't proven their fitness would be insane.

Did i dream this or did someone say on another forum, or on here somewhere anyways, that Koeman would be signing and a player had already done a first medical?

Wonder if that was Strootman, my guess the lad would have to go through a couple of tests at least.

Not with that attitude they won't. Lets bring them back.... them and late 90's euphoric house music.
Does my absolute swede in mate. Every paper writes about 4 or 5 major swap deals every week. When was the last time one happened - or a noteworthy one anyway?

Zlatan/Eto'o is literally the only one I can think of.

There's just way too many moving parts involved.

Not saying your concerns aren't worth thinking about, but I suspect the quality of both medical care and rehab that you received will be somewhat lower than what Strootman got.
Isn''t that just blind hope though.

The lad has been seriously injure dfor a long time, and in other experience it will still have an effect long after he recovers. But as our doctors might be better than the one someone elkse has it means the player is worth signing?

I would hope if we were to sign a 30 million pound midfielder mate, that there isnt literally a log book history of injury and issues they may have on the hope they come good for us. We have spent the last 20 years signing those players on cheap deals, don't fancy us spending 30 million on them now, small time mentality from the club if that happened.

Agreed but it would still be a concern . I do like him as a player though and if he can maintain fitness he would definitely be an asset.

If you have reservations about spending 30 million on Strootman due to injury concerns, then you should have concerns about spending any money on him. A crocked player is a useless player and would be extremely bad value at even five million.

Dann and Long are good players, players that help you win matches and get points in the the Premier League. They would be great additions, imo. They have unfashionable names but actually perform better than a lot of overhyped foreign flops, and you don't have to wait 2 years for them to 'adjust' or reach some 'potential' that may never even be realised.

Does my absolute swede in mate. Every paper writes about 4 or 5 major swap deals every week. When was the last time one happened - or a noteworthy one anyway?

you are right (although i stand by my comment about about 90's euphoric house music). The only time i can remember it in the Premerleague was Cole and Gallas i think.

They used to be quite regular in Italian football from memory, remember some very weird ones, biggets probably being Crespo going to Lazio with Almeyda and Conceicao going the othr way with about 15m on top, given the nature of Italian football was probably some form of dodgy business going on during those transfers hence the amount of them that happened compared with other countries

What ones used to happen though are long ago in the past as can't remember any high porfile one happening in years - likely due to the increased complexity with the rise of players agents in procedures and players cuts of transfer fees/loyalty bonuses etc all having to be factored in which just makes exchanges a silly way to try to do business

They used to be quite regular in Italian football from memory, remember some very weird ones, biggets probably being Crespo going to Lazio with Almeyda and Conceicao going the othr way with about 15m on top, given the nature of Italian football was probably some form of dodgy business going on during those transfers hence the amount of them that happened compared with other countries

What ones used to happen though are long ago in the past as can't remember any high porfile one happening in years - likely due to the increased complexity with the rise of players agents in procedures and players cuts of transfer fees/loyalty bonuses etc all having to be factored in which just makes exchanges a silly way to try to do business

Isn''t that just blind hope though.

The lad has been seriously injure dfor a long time, and in other experience it will still have an effect long after he recovers. But as our doctors might be better than the one someone elkse has it means the player is worth signing?

I would hope if we were to sign a 30 million pound midfielder mate, that there isnt literally a log book history of injury and issues they may have on the hope they come good for us. We have spent the last 20 years signing those players on cheap deals, don't fancy us spending 30 million on them now, small time mentality from the club if that happened.
If I were suggesting that I click my fingers, sat here hundreds of miles from Strootman, and the signing would be done for £30m, then yes it'd be blind hope.

However if it's on the back of a competent medical team assessing him and deciding that he's worth buying (plus I very much doubt the deal would be £30m unless massively clause-based) then no, not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back