Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strootman may be class, but the injury record is just too daunting to even dream about spending 20 million, much less the 30 million that is supposedly being discussed.

What good is a 100 million kitty if we spend one third of it on a player who may not even be on the pitch...?

Just too large a risk. For that money there has to be more sure fire options.....

Is this a solid rumour or just because they have the same agent 2+2 etc...

Yes, its going to be a tough season no doubt about it, that's why I think we need to go for the highest quality of player possible. I'm sure with the appointment of Koeman and Moshiri's ambition, I believe we can attract a higher quality of player than the 2 you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong mate, we will almost certainly get an extremely high profile signing in. But they won't all be - and Dann and Long, as an example, are solid premier league players

Strootman may be class, but the injury record is just too daunting to even dream about spending 20 million, much less the 30 million that is supposedly being discussed.

What good is a 100 million kitty if we spend one third of it on a player who may not even be on the pitch...?

Just too large a risk. For that money there has to be more sure fire options.....
IF we signed him and IF £30m is actually the number, there is no chance it's a lump sum. Huge quantity of it would be contingent upon clauses being met.

Don't get me wrong mate, we will almost certainly get an extremely high profile signing in. But they won't all be - and Dann and Long, as an example, are solid premier league players
I agree mate not everyone will be high profile who we sign, i would take Dann over the 2 but lets say if Lukaku (if he stays) gets a bad injury and is out for a couple of months do you think he is up to the job? (again not a bad player) but I don't. Pelle yes Long no.

Also whats the rumored asking price for Dann and Long?

I agree mate not everyone will be high profile who we sign, i would take Dann over the 2 but lets say if Lukaku (if he stays) gets a bad injury and is out for a couple of months do you think he is up to the job? (again not a bad player) but I don't. Pelle yes Long no.

Also whats the rumored asking price for Dann and Long?
be looking at 25-30 mil for both i reckon

Have to assume that any medical will be rigorous if we did opt for him then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back