Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff.

We're not in the era of patience here anymore - we want big changes over the next few years and that means buying "ready" players. It's why we need that DoF in place as soon as possible whoever that may be.

I genuinely don't think - unless Rom and Stones are sold - that this squad is desperately in need of £150m+ spent on it this summer to take it to the next stage of development. It certainly needs one or two high class additions (in goal and on the left) but there is a lot of mismanaged quality in there. If Mirallas and Koeman work well together that's a £20m player easily. Same with Del. I don't think anyone can get a tune out of McCarthy anymore but again, same thinking would apply. Barry unfortunately looks vulnerable, which is a shame.

There will be some first team departures, that's for sure. I'm still not convinced Funes Mori will be here at the end of August as he is highly rated abroad.

Good point tbh mate, the squad isn't a bad one by a long shot, just one in need of bringing in some quality and with a few positions badly threadbare

Need a keeper and a left winger and dont think anyone argues that, then it's down to opinion, IMO anyway we obviously need another striker if Rom Stays ofc, need another cm as we just have a decent set of players their - none that stand out or can dominate or control a game, and need more than likely another attacking mid to push ross on and a back up cb

Actually typing all that out, then yeah we need a fair bit of new blood in - but should the reported 100m+ be their then it's acheivable

A LOT depends on what Koeman does with the current group though, discounting players already gone in Hibbert, Osman, Howard and Pienaar as thety happend 'conviently' before he arrived, then can see him wanting to shift on 4-5 players on top - ones he doesn't rate, or don't suit the system and style he wants to bring in, or who he just believes money we can get for them is above their worth to the team.

My main hope is we do trim a fair few who just arent good enough, then bring in genuine quality players and the gaps are filled with the young players who have the ability - Kenny SHOULD be back up to Coleman for example, Davies should be used in the early cup games etc to get them more experience

Oh I agree. Which is why IF we went for Strootman, could almost guarantee that a huge portion (if not the majority) of the feel would be contingent upon clauses which would only come into play if he played regularly.

Bigger numbers in these types of story make them sexier and get them more clicks, can't see any world that 30m for Strootman is even close to being a figure talked about except for IF every single clause in a contract was met, which as i said earlier would mean we have a fully fit player to hit those goals and performing out his skin which none of us would mind then

I think both would make the squad, not necessarily the first team week in week out, stronger yes.

At the moment if Everton spend £150m you've got probably what, 8 teams that will be instructing their managers to get a minimum top 5 finish. It's not going to be a panacea.
Yes, its going to be a tough season no doubt about it, that's why I think we need to go for the highest quality of player possible. I'm sure with the appointment of Koeman and Moshiri's ambition, I believe we can attract a higher quality of player than the 2 you mentioned.

Sell Kone, Keep Lukaku and Niasse, then sign a lad who will be ready to replace Lukaku after a season. Lacazette for ex maple, year to get a feel for the league etc...

Unfortunately we've got money but not for two top class forwards on top of Rom

Strootman may be class, but the injury record is just too daunting to even dream about spending 20 million, much less the 30 million that is supposedly being discussed.

What good is a 100 million kitty if we spend one third of it on a player who may not even be on the pitch...?

Just too large a risk. For that money there has to be more sure fire options.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back