Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagesCARODOPK.webp

Strootmans knee looking fine apparently - splash the cash Ron!

Very sobering, especially for a lot of people talking as if we are the new Man City.
Yeah, cant help but feel people are getting way to over excited. Maybe I'm just not used to Everton trying to play with the big boys. On the other hand if used correctly and not spunked then £100m could buy a cracking team, need to be shrewd not frivolous with the dosh

Strootman is the type/level of player we are are in at present as, apart from larger wages - which most Premiership clubs can offer - he'd really have to buy into the long-term project to want to join us, while other clubs could offer him the wages plus European football already.

Maybe other clubs wouldn't want to take the risk on him, giving us an advantage by offering him a larger wage than he is currently on and making promises regarding goals for the club and his role in the team.

For very top players, though, I feel we'll struggle to attract them. We can't and won't go offering 150k a week. If we do that then you'll have Lukaku, Stones, Barkley all knocking on the manager's door demanding parity, and it's a slippery slope from there.

Shane long being shouted ffs. Thought we were moving to another level yet people still shouting the likes of long n dann, hopefully koeman knows what a next level player looks like.

Shane long being shouted ffs. Thought we were moving to another level yet people still shouting the likes of long n dann, hopefully koeman knows what a next level player looks like.

But changes have to be gradual unless you are spending City / PSG money. Those two are decent players; is Long a better player than Kone and Naisse and Snivelley on the left? Of course. Is Scott Dann an experienced centre half that we desperately needed last season and didn't buy? Yep.

Exactly. We have to go for the like in Strootman and Witsel etc.

But changes have to be gradual unless you are spending City / PSG money. Those two are decent players; is Long a better player than Kone and Naisse and Snivelley on the left? Of course. Is Scott Dann an experienced centre half that we desperately needed last season and didn't buy? Yep.
I understand, I hope we do build gradually still think we can do better than shane long, what's his record pretty poor for his age, swerve. Dann is decent but thought we were aiming higher than decent.

I assume there is a queue of other clubs that are desperate to pay big money for a player whose knee has ruptured three times in a year?

Looking into exatly what happned with his injury, first ruptured it, surgery to repair it, second one was more minor, keyhole surgery as he had tissue buildup (whatever that means), third surgery - his knee didnt seem to have gone again from the info i can agther, seems more that it hadnt healed teh way they wanted and that was the reconstruction surgery

Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing, a player who popped the same knee 3 times, yeah badly swerve, seems to me with limited acl knowledge tbh that he had a bit of a issue regarding the healing after his first surgery they tried to fix with a minor surgery at first then opted to go the whole hog and do the reconstruction on the knee

30m being bandied around i would guess is wide of the mark, couild include a million and one addons onto a relatively low (10-15m) basic fee and if it rever reached 30m or clsoe to it then we wouldnt be complaining as itd likely mean he had hit a lot of appearance and performance targets in the deal

Hell the way reporters write these articles it could even be something like 15m for the player and factoring in 3 years of 5m a year wages into the reported 30m fee

Mixed on this, a fit strootman is beyind any player quality we will currently be able to attract - he is that good when fit, but do we risk getting him whilst we can and hoping his injury days are in the past?

I understand, I hope we do build gradually still think we can do better than shane long, what's his record pretty poor for his age, swerve. Dann is decent but thought we were aiming higher than decent.
It all depends on how big this mystical budget is.

£100m - we're going to have to get one or two world class players (if we buy from abroad, one if we buy from within the UK) and the rest top level, not necessarily ground breaking types.

If we sell Lukaku and Stones that's likely another £80m+, maybe even a lot more, but we've also lost two world class players. It's going to be absolute mayhem in the next 10 weeks if we are running around looking to spend £200m, and I just cannot see it myself. £100m can be done fairly easily

I'd be more than happy to pay £10-15m for strootman with another £15m based on appearances

If we did sign him on a deal like that don't think too many would complain, sometimes a calculated risk on a player is what could make the difference between a good team and a great one, remember a lot quoting payets injury record when he signed for west ham, but dont think many would turn him down now

Exactly. We have to go for the like in Strootman and Witsel etc.

We don't "have to" at all.

There is an excellent squad in place that was extremely poorly managed. We don't desperately need to wang £50m on two injury prone players many people have barely seen in the last two years just because an Internet weirdo tells us we "have to go" for them

Absolute no to Strootman other than on loan so he could be properly assessed.

Managers in one way or another generally do look in familiar markets for players - sure we will see some Eredivisie players joining if not one from Southampton.

Has Hakim Ziyech been transferred? He seem to be amongst the pick of players from the Eredivisie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back