Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said yesterday about the fact I don't think they'll be any new signings until pre season is under way, having listened to RK presser, he mentioned several times assessing current squad first.

I appreciate he's not going to come out & say "I plan a massive rebuild" etc at this point but he does need to see players up close in my opinion before making any concrete decisions on who to bid for/ make available. When does pre season start?

Agree on this. I think some players who looked poor under Martinez will be given a chance to bounce back under a better manager. I could see Baines, in particular, plus McCarthy and Coleman finding their form again. I'd love to see new, expensive signings, but I don't think the current squad is as far away from the top 6 as many other fans seem to think.

Agree on this. I think some players who looked poor under Martinez will be given a chance to bounce back under a better manager. I could see Baines, in particular, plus McCarthy and Coleman finding their form again. I'd love to see new, expensive signings, but I don't think the current squad is as far away from the top 6 as many other fans seem to think.
he'll meet with Stones and Lukaku (Lukaku especially) and see if they are lost causes. I love how he said Rom is a goal scorer but he needs to improve. Finally someone not blowing smoke up his @rse! I guess once he knows what's happening with them it'll get exciting!
I LIKE THIS NEW EVERTON

Because the minute you pay that amount then the asking price goes up again before it just goes too far.

Would spurs have asked for 80 for bale if ronaldo didn't move for that? Same principle, and Neymar may be good, but is he in the same capacity honestly that ronaldo was in when he moved?

honest questions like, not saying he isnt as i don't watch barca that much.

The asking price can't go too far if people are prepared to pay it. Clubs will have done their homework and if they are prepared to pay 158m it is because they believe that the additional revenue generated through having the player at the club exceeds this.

The game is expanding globally rapidly and the revenue generated through a player as good at football and as marketable as Neymar is increasing massively in line with the expansion of the game.

A trifle harsh that mate :D

He is one of the worst CB's in the league. Another one off the Manure production line of talentless footballers.... Phil Neville, Tom Cleverly, John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Nick Powell, Mascheda... making a career based on the fact they graduated their youth academy. Until this Rashford, they hadn't produced a player since Beckham and '92 class.

Because the minute you pay that amount then the asking price goes up again before it just goes too far.

Would spurs have asked for 80 for bale if ronaldo didn't move for that? Same principle, and Neymar may be good, but is he in the same capacity honestly that ronaldo was in when he moved?

It's clear you don't. They play for Real !!

As I said yesterday about the fact I don't think they'll be any new signings until pre season is under way, having listened to RK presser, he mentioned several times assessing current squad first.

I appreciate he's not going to come out & say "I plan a massive rebuild" etc at this point but he does need to see players up close in my opinion before making any concrete decisions on who to bid for/ make available. When does pre season start?
I think he will know a lot more about the current Everton than you think. Apart from the 4 league games I'm sure he's watched us plenty of times.

And while there are question marks regarding stones and lukaku. I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 positions he will try and strengthen straight away

I think he will know a lot more about the current Everton than you think. Apart from the 4 league games I'm sure he's watched us plenty of times.

And while there are question marks regarding stones and lukaku. I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 positions he will try and strengthen straight away

Like the keeper. I'm sure he's aware that Howard has gone so we need a new stopper pretty urgently.

He'll also be aware that we've let some first team players go.

@bobbydigital made the point I was trying to. If someone is willing to pay 158m for Neymar they have Brazil's current favorite son and one of the most beloved players in the world so in my opinion what they would make back would be substantially more.

I hear what your saying but he's still not seen the players up close on a daily basis in my opinion to know enough to start spending big just yet. Perhaps a player or two is in his mind, but I just can't see him wanting to move for targets based on what he's likely been advised from current staff, videos, an outsiders look from last year. That's not enough, I don't think anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back