Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm pretty sure no matter who we try to sign, some fans on here will pick reasons why they don't want them.

Never mind all the crap we have signed over the years, niasse only 6 months ago. Never mind the level of players we have now, 36 year olds , free transfers and bargain buys . Never mind the danger of the carricks that we were threatened with if our former manager was here.

No, sign some highly experienced under 30 and a winner and people will still pick faults with them. Your witsels matas and whoever else we want to buy are a massive improvement on what we have had here since the 80s.

So yeah, stop finding reasons you don't want these players because you sound like kopites .

Seeing the players we are linked with, I can tell our manager is serious about winning something this season. He isn't just signing talent. He is signing aged veterans for inflated prices. Normally I would ask the manager to be cautious about spending that much money on older guys, but we aren't a selling club anymore.

It just hit me that we aren't poor anymore guys; our manager has cash to splash and he has ambition. I like this dude.

Seeing the players we are linked with, I can tell our manager is serious about winning something this season. He isn't just signing talent. He is signing aged veterans for inflated prices. Normally I would ask the manager to be cautious about spending that much money on older guys, but we aren't a selling club anymore.

It just hit me that we aren't poor anymore guys; our manager has cash to splash and he has ambition. I like this dude.
"Aged veterans for inflated prices"??? Mata's 28 ffs. And if the latest report on the price IS right, it's MILES from being inflated!

"Aged veterans for inflated prices"??? Mata's 28 ffs. And if the latest report on the price IS right, it's MILES from being inflated!
I think Mata is BRILLIANT, but in terms of growth, there isn't much to be had. I'm just saying we can afford these luxuries now as opposed to having to develop younger players. We never had a chance at the Matas before because we couldn't afford to spend money on aged vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back