Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That much is true. Was just the use of the words "aged veterans" - it's usually got pejorative connotations
By aged vet I meant more of someone having experience. 27-32 is pretty much the prime of everyone's career, so we are getting the best player possible. I can see how it might seem I was implying he was an old dinosaur though
lol

And Witsel is definitely inflated. You have a point about Mata though

By aged vet I meant more of someone having experience. 27-32 is pretty much the prime of everyone's career, so we are getting the best player possible. I can see how it might seem I was implying he was an old dinosaur though
lol

And Witsel is definitely inflated. You have a point about Mata though
Honestly haven't seen enough of Wiesel to judge his worth. Be pretty amazed if (almost) anyone here truthfully has to be honest.

Honestly haven't seen enough of Wiesel to judge his worth. Be pretty amazed if (almost) anyone here truthfully has to be honest.
He is talented, but like many have said he is unproven in a bigger league which gives this transfer a huge risk factor. I like this risk in particular because it shows ambition; it would be a ballsy statement from the front office

On the current prices mate 30m is about a fair price for him, anything less than that will represent a really good bit of business by us.

Seen him probably more than most on here have, and he's a 'top 4' calibre player (hate that phrase)

Won't be the type to get us jumping out the seats at goodison but will help us win a lot of games.

Normally as you know i am hugely sceptical of anyone coming from the Russian leagues, but Witsel is as safe a bet as you can get from their to be a success. Be pretty shocked if he didn't work out well for us - and become a bit of a favourite of the crowd as well over time

On the current prices mate 30m is about a fair price for him, anything less than that will represent a really good bit of business by us.

Seen him probably more than most on here have, and he's a 'top 4' calibre player (hate that phrase)

Won't be the type to get us jumping out the seats at goodison but will help us win a lot of games.

Normally as you know i am hugely sceptical of anyone coming from the Russian leagues, but Witsel is as safe a bet as you can get from their to be a success. Be pretty shocked if he didn't work out well for us - and become a bit of a favourite of the crowd as well over time
We're on the same page regarding Witsel as we were on Tadic. I've seen him plenty of times at Liège and watched almost every Belgium national team match for the last 5-6 years. Imo he's absolute quality. He's been viewed as the 'brains' of the national team by a lot of pundits and other footballing people. Him, Schneiderlin and Mata would seriously improve our midfield.

We're on the same page regarding Witsel as we were on Tadic. I've seen him plenty of times at Liège and watched almost every Belgium national team match for the last 5-6 years. Imo he's absolute quality. He's been viewed as the 'brains' of the national team by a lot of pundits and other footballing people. Him, Schneiderlin and Mata would seriously improve our midfield.

We do tend to share an opinion on a player we have both seen a fair bit mate - noticed that.

Never saw much of him before he moved to Zenit, just the odd European game for Liege - that i thought he looked pretty good in, since being at Zenit though - seen him a hell of a lot more and really is the heart (and brains) of that team.

Pair him up alongside anothe rtop quality centre midfielder and we could seriously have the best centre mid in the league come next season. Schneiderlin in a cracking little player - and would love to see Strootman come here as well - IF he has come through his injury nightmare.

Just imagine a midfield of Witsel/Strootman/Schneiderlin to be able to choose from with Mata ahead of them...

Better than Fellaini?

We do tend to share an opinion on a player we have both seen a fair bit mate - noticed that.

Never saw much of him before he moved to Zenit, just the odd European game for Liege - that i thought he looked pretty good in, since being at Zenit though - seen him a hell of a lot more and really is the heart (and brains) of that team.

Pair him up alongside anothe rtop quality centre midfielder and we could seriously have the best centre mid in the league come next season. Schneiderlin in a cracking little player - and would love to see Strootman come here as well - IF he has come through his injury nightmare.

Just imagine a midfield of Witsel/Strootman/Schneiderlin to be able to choose from with Mata ahead of them...
Think it will be a case of Strootman or Witsel tbh.

Better than Fellaini?

Know the questions not aimed at me mate, but IMO he is a level above Fellaini, Witsel for the simplest example has a really good football brain (like Barry does) - one of the thigns that goes unnoticed about both of them actually is the amount of times both get themselves into a great position to intercept the pass. which in the end is better than a mad tackle but tend to not get as much notice

Think it will be a case of Strootman or Witsel tbh.

Aye when i think about it rationally, i figured he'd want one out right centre midfielder and one more defensive one

Strootman and Witsel are both better in a 'box to box' role so would seem to be one or the other

Still hope that i'm wrong though and Strootman does come in - as at his pre injury best i don't know if their was a better centre mid going than him at the time, and would be tempting for Koeman if he thought he could get him cheap though, as if has recovered he is genuinely a world class player

If we where in europe i think we may see us get all 3 (or try) but the lack of games with no europe would make it hard to keep all 3 happy i guess.. Although a 25 game season for Strootman with no two games in a week could do him wonders in getting himself back fully healthy again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back