Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure no matter who we try to sign, some fans on here will pick reasons why they don't want them.

Never mind all the crap we have signed over the years, niasse only 6 months ago. Never mind the level of players we have now, 36 year olds , free transfers and bargain buys . Never mind the danger of the carricks that we were threatened with if our former manager was here.

No, sign some highly experienced under 30 and a winner and people will still pick faults with them. Your witsels matas and whoever else we want to buy are a massive improvement on what we have had here since the 80s.

So yeah, stop finding reasons you don't want these players because you sound like kopites .
Mata is a top player but Witsel is someone most of us has seen very little of. Can you really argue that he's better than anyone we've had in 30 years? Based on what?

He might be great in the premiership but he could flop. Just because a player is expensive doesn't mean they're going to be a success. Look at Niasse.

I think Mata is BRILLIANT, but in terms of growth, there isn't much to be had. I'm just saying we can afford these luxuries now as opposed to having to develop younger players. We never had a chance at the Matas before because we couldn't afford to spend money on aged vets
He's 28 not 33.

At least a good 4 years left in him at the top level. And the price (IF accurate) is a steal, not inflated in the slightest.

"Aged vets" implies the likes of Eto'o - not a player coming into the prime of his career.

Mata is a top player but Witsel is someone most of us has seen very little of. Can you really argue that he's better than anyone we've had in 30 years? Based on what?

He might be great in the premiership but he could flop. Just because a player is expensive doesn't mean they're going to be a success. Look at Niasse.
Based on experience. Top quality players have been few and far between at this club. Price isn't the issue, Witsel would have played elsewhere at a top club in his career if zenit hadn't offered him silly money to move there. Even juve were meant to be after him last season so based on nothing but reputation of the player he will be the best centre mid we have had for a long time. Easily our best mid at the club if he signs.

But that's the thing, all of a sudden because we haven't watched him loads it must mean he isn't that good. I bet there is plenty of top players who we haven't seen extensively but would still be a good signing . Not seeing him loads doesn't mean he is a bad player, just means we haven't watched a lot of Russian football.

Niasse was a bad player who the board were taken to the cleaners with. They saw us coming and pushed the price up because they knew we would pay.

I hope whoever we sign is to fit a team and a winning system. That is more important than fanfare signings.

Belgium are a group of wonderfully talented individuals but have been done 3 times now by Wales, a team loaded with Championship players and a smattering of top class, willing to give everything for the cause.

If Lukaku and Stones leave then you have to believe it is due to Koeman sanctioning it, as they are not willing to run through a brick wall for the collective and this club.

I don't remember the big fanfare Sky are currently having for Pep when Ranieri was unveiled at Leicester last season. Other than media hype the field is levelling and we have to make sure we are ready to challenge and win every game come mid August.

He's 28 not 33.

At least a good 4 years left in him at the top level. And the price (IF accurate) is a steal, not inflated in the slightest.

"Aged vets" implies the likes of Eto'o - not a player coming into the prime of his career.
I'm just implying that he might not have as much resale value. We couldn't afford an investment that we couldn't make our money back on. Now we can

Cost means nothing. Jags, Lescott and Stones all cost around 4m each. All are up there with the best defenders of the last decade in the Prem.

William carvalho is bang average. Loves a sideways ball like James mac. Don't get the love in for him. I'd be happily proven wrong if he comes though.

Out of him witsel and schniederlin, I'd take schnierderlin any day.
Carvalho is the fulcrum of that portugal team, always wants the ball, always an option and never stops running, would love him at Goodison

William carvalho is bang average. Loves a sideways ball like James mac. Don't get the love in for him. I'd be happily proven wrong if he comes though.

Out of him witsel and schniederlin, I'd take schnierderlin any day.
Depends on the job they're doing though.

Busquets more or less only passes sideways too, and I wouldn't mind him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back