Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this even go to do with Martinez? We needed a 4th CB last year so nothing has changed and we'll need 2 if/when Stones goes. Your footballing knowledge on a tactical level astounds me.

It's also common knowledge Southampton played quite a lot of games with 3 at the back (Bertrand one of them) after their poor Christmas form.

You need to go learn more about this sport.
We managed perfectly fine last season with only 3?

Funny thing they played a lot of their games with 4 defender, except for every one I saw. Except for against us. Hell even in Mouts write up he failed to mention that. Funny that.

We managed perfectly fine last season with only 3?

Funny thing they played a lot of their games with 4 defender, except for every one I saw. Except for against us. Hell even in Mouts write up he failed to mention that. Funny that.

Aye yeh we didn't concede many last season and we didn't have Gibson and Barry play CB at times.

Wow are you really trying to argue that Southampton never once played 3 at the back last season? You sir are an idiot.

and Ottamendi was the standout centre back in Spain before he moved to Man City mate, since moving he has looked pretty horrid.

I'd honestly rather have VVD as Stones replacemtn than taking a gamble on a foreign import who may or may not settle, esepcially so in such a vital position.

Per Koldrup was very highly rated the season before we got him from Italy and flopped, Mangala was highly rated in Portugal and flopped, Ottamendi won the Primera leage defender of the year award the season before moving to City and flopped badlt, and going back a bit newcastle also bought the spanish leagues defender of the year years ago and he also flopped

In Italy defenses are way more organised and teams play nwith a lot more protection than in England, and also the calibre of striker you face here is way higher mate

You wont persuade me.

Manolas and Coulibaly as our CBs and a top keeper behind and.....wow.

Aye yeh we didn't concede many last season and we didn't have Gibson and Barry play CB at times.

Wow are you really trying to argue that Southampton never once played 3 at the back last season? You sir are an idiot.

I never said not once, I said they didn't use that as a tactic. The same way we didn't play 3 at the back very often, doesn't mean martinez loved to play the system.

And I forget, why was Gibson and Barry at centre half? Perhaps losing one defender to injury and the other sent off at the same time? And martinez failed to put one on the bench. Also you forget we played one the game before and he was mysteriously dropped from the squad.

And that happened once! Is thst your argument? We did it once so therefore let's buy defenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back