Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your one mate.

You mean when we lost both at the same time? That normally happens eh? And it was 3 0 before that happened so if anything the defence got better after that.

We need a 4th choice bench warmer, that's it.

Stones is very likely to go though IMO. We should be looking to bring one in before announcing any sale otherwise clubs will be squeezing us even more.

"Aged veterans for inflated prices"??? Mata's 28 ffs. And if the latest report on the price IS right, it's MILES from being inflated!
That veteran is younger than last year's footballer of the year! By over 12 months.

Basically entering his prime for his style of play.

£35m below would be a steal.

both could be cracking players mate, but it more often than not takes at least a season for any centre back to bed into this league, and IF we do lose stones, then van Dyke is the obvious - if costly replacement, young, good player and at home in the league already - and a plus he knows the manger and worked well udner him already

Fact he is a giant and i'm sick of us conceding from corners is a plus as well

I think they will ask too much

IMO we dont need a CB if Stones stays.

I'm undecided.. On one hand Stones is weak, clever but physically he struggles. Mori, who I rate highly, needs to work on positioning sometimes I feel and Jagielka, well I feel like Jags is in that period now where he could fall away with quality (some argue he already has). If we could go and sign a top defender, old fashioned then I would.

Even with Koeman, a manager a bit more defensively sound I still worry about the quality we have defensively. Especially when none of our back 5/6 players have been on form in the past two years. (Mori aside considering he's only a year old into his Everton career).

I'm not angry at all, your fascination with young players and thinking that everyone of them with half a reputation is a little tiresome is all.

Manolas and Koulibaly are both 25...hardly kids.
Carvalho is 24
Calhanoglu and silva both 22 i think.

Hardly u21 unknowns

Well that's different from 'managing fine with 3'. Of course we need 4.

I think any team would struggle losing both centre halves at the same time in the same game. If mori didn't get himself sent off it would have been a different outlook, and who knows if stones took himself off or not.

Point is , teams have 3 senior and one 4th choice who barely plays until called apon. Whilst we haven't sold stones we just need that experienced back up
So you've gone from saying we don't need a CB to agreeing with me that we do? Are you still drunk from last night pal.
4th choice is basically a bench warmer though. Your alcatraz, demichellis, toure level of players.

As in the type you don't care if they sign a contract. Hardly pursuing a new top defender

I dont think I ever did a Koeman write up, 95% certain I only copy and pasted most of it, at no point did I really study Southampton, I didnt feel the need to delve to deep, the headline was they finished 6th, which was enough really.

Well someone wrote one lol

I'm undecided.. On one hand Stones is weak, clever but physically he struggles. Mori, who I rate highly, needs to work on positioning sometimes I feel and Jagielka, well I feel like Jags is in that period now where he could fall away with quality (some argue he already has). If we could go and sign a top defender, old fashioned then I would.

Even with Koeman, a manager a bit more defensively sound I still worry about the quality we have defensively. Especially when none of our back 5/6 players have been on form in the past two years. (Mori aside considering he's only a year old into his Everton career).

VVD is the obvious candidate, works well with Koeman, played very well in the league already, and the reight age and brings a bit of height and pace to the back for us, will cost an absolute fortune though

Stones is very likely to go though IMO. We should be looking to bring one in before announcing any sale otherwise clubs will be squeezing us even more.
Aye but until he does or we get a significant offer then I wouldn't want us replacing him. If he goes then sure , sign a replacement and make sure they are good but if he didn't go then I wouldn't be broken-hearted and I wouldn't want to drop mori or jags to 4th choice

I think any team would struggle losing both centre halves at the same time in the same game. If mori didn't get himself sent off it would have been a different outlook, and who knows if stones took himself off or not.

Point is , teams have 3 senior and one 4th choice who barely plays until called apon. Whilst we haven't sold stones we just need that experienced back up

4th choice is basically a bench warmer though. Your alcatraz, demichellis, toure level of players.

As in the type you don't care if they sign a contract. Hardly pursuing a new top defender

Well someone wrote one lol

If we are signing Mata etc then koeman wants players in their prime.

We have no defenders in their prime ergo i think we will see some come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back