Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting us to lose Lukaku and Stones, obvious we'd want to keep them, but if they want to leave I see no point in keeping them. I'm hoping we look at two real surprise marquee signings (praying for James Rodriguez being one of these)

You'll be praying a long time then mate cos Rodriguez isn't gonna happen.

We'll get some big signings in this summer, but don't over-estimate either. We still have to face the fact that as you say, we're likely to sell two of our best players and we have finished 11th in the past two seasons. Mata would be a great signing, and we're the best option for him if he wants to stay in the Prem (and North West)

Timeline kideally would look like this mate

First season - get the huge jumpstart requiring a sacrifice of a big player (stones)
Second season - steadily improve the commercial deals - boosted by a return to euriopean football to the clubs profile, sale of players who are on the fringe and will make additional trading profits but no key first team player
Third season - ramping up of commercial deals, new kit sponsorship etc - hopefully boosted by being in europe againetc
Fourth season - new ground opens with stadium naming rights and all that jazz hopefully as a CL team with all the money that would bring in

least thats the kind of idea i assume they will have as a broad outline
Think that will be pretty much the way Moshiri envisages it.

Carvalho is the fulcrum of that portugal team, always wants the ball, always an option and never stops running, would love him at Goodison

Errr.... have you actually watched Portugal this tournament? Carvalho is hardly the fulcrum of the team mate.

I don't think he's as bad as people are making out, though. He's a decent player.

Sorry if this has been posted already but The Echo have proffered an explanation for all the stars being linked to Everton this week that isn't quiet as promising as assuming this speculation is the inevitable preamble to several big names signing up.
Now he's ready for business and along with brother Erwin will be at Everton's training ground stepping-up the process of assembling his squad for next term. It is common knowledge in football that the Blues want to bolster their squad with at least one marquee signing, and agents are whetting their lips at the prospect. They want to get their clients to a club that pays the type of hefty wages the Blues are prepared to fork out."
'wetting'

We're on the same page regarding Witsel as we were on Tadic. I've seen him plenty of times at Liège and watched almost every Belgium national team match for the last 5-6 years. Imo he's absolute quality. He's been viewed as the 'brains' of the national team by a lot of pundits and other footballing people. Him, Schneiderlin and Mata would seriously improve our midfield.

I remember the days when yourself, @bluestevon, me and a few others (whose names escape me) were very much the foregoers on Tadic. Still regret that we didn't bring him in but ah well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back