Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite sure every news outlet reported that he would have 100m to spend then the Lukaku fee on top

I meant to add in to my post mate - 'this is how I saw it and understood it'

Should have phrased it as more as a question really.

But, IMO, it was always likely that the £100mil figure may have been a bit of a red herring, in that Mosh will invest that, but it's overall for the club.

Eitehr way, a large chunk would be available for transfers, but to stay within our FFP regulations for the time being, we still have to sell at least one major player with a major profit.

However, it appears that two major players want out.

At this stage, there will most likely be more demand for Stones as A) he is cheaper and B) He's a top-class talent in a position many of the top clubs are short in, especially in England.

In Rom's case, the top clubs want a forward, but there is only a limited number that can reasonably afford the crica £60mil valuation - and a lot of those teams (Chelsea, Utd, City, Barca, Bayern, Real) have top strikers already or have just spent big on them, really leaving only PSG or Arsenal.

Sooo I was right then; we need a CB.

Well no you shouted him down unfairly IMO, as he had said 'as it stands' - or along those lines at least.

Maybe Stones will stay. I admit it doesn't look likely. But even if he does go, we only really need one quality replacement. We have plenty of young defenders who look the part - though a back-up right back would be welcomed like.

I meant to add in to my post mate - 'this is how I saw it and understood it'

Should have phrased it as more as a question really.

But, IMO, it was always likely that the £100mil figure may have been a bit of a red herring, in that Mosh will invest that, but it's overall for the club.

Eitehr way, a large chunk would be available for transfers, but to stay within our FFP regulations for the time being, we still have to sell at least one major player with a major profit.

However, it appears that two major players want out.

At this stage, there will most likely be more demand for Stones as A) he is cheaper and B) He's a top-class talent in a position many of the top clubs are short in, especially in England.

In Rom's case, the top clubs want a forward, but there is only a limited number that can reasonably afford the crica £60mil valuation - and a lot of those teams (Chelsea, Utd, City, Barca, Bayern, Real) have top strikers already or have just spent big on them, really leaving only PSG or Arsenal.

Bet you anything Lukaku stays

No club in there right mind will pay 65m for him after that display in France

It will be in excess of £100 million in all likelihood but be mindful that a large percentage of what is outlayed will be recouped.

You've just said the money he's putting up won't be enough for more than one marquee signing

Let's say Mata is 25m, well that's not a lot is it

Are you saying he's only put 30m in for players

You've just said the money he's putting up won't be enough for more than one marquee signing

Well Derek our debts were around 35m I think, also what you need to think about is, say we pay lets say 30m for Mata, that will be split into probably 3 yearly payments of 10m a year. so lets assume theres 30m left in the kitty, that would allow us to buy 3x30m players.

I'm saying that come the 1st September there will be mixed emotions about this place.

We will be largely happy I suspect but slightly disappointed that we've been unable to retain good young players for a number of reasons.

Let it pan out & enjoy the players that will be coming in - they'll be of a much higher quality than we've become accustomed to.

I'm saying that come the 1st September there will be mixed emotions about this place.

We will be largely happy I suspect but slightly disappointed that we've been unable to retain good young players for a number of reasons.

Let it pan out & enjoy the players that will be coming in - they'll be of a much higher quality than we've become accustomed to.

I suspect a lot people will be left unhappy personally, they will fail to see the bigger picture.

I think most Blues know Stones is off

Lukaku I don't think so given the massive fee we want

Sorry but we would be mad to let Lukaku go. Absolutely bonkers. There are plenty of decent CBs out there, and they have never, and will never, cost as much as a proven prem goalscorer.

Stones is replaceable, given the standard of players available at the moment. Lukaku is not. Selling Stones at around £40m will generate a big chunk of profit, allowing us to increase our wages bill per week. If we need more on top of that then we ship out Cleverley and McCarthy (both will generate acceptable profit and we already know we need to bring in top-tier CMs), and hopefully McGeady too.

Anyone heard anything more about Sneijder? Imagine getting him in at no net cost, by selling Cleverley for around £9m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back