Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Esk, just curious, you were absolutely confident something was going to happen today. To the best of your knowledge, what happened?

You can understand angst, this is supposed to be a revolutionary new chapter in our clubs illustrious history and nothing significant has really changed yet. The vitriol is both amusing and revolting at the same time. Mostly all blues on this forum..

*cough*cough*
He been smashed for sticking his neck out and your after more info ffs.

Witsel nor his agent are doing themselves any great favours at present with their behaviour and demands. No doubt Koeman wanted Witsel from the beginning but it's evident that his patience is being worn thin.
So Davro over on TEF saying we are close to pulling the plug could be true mate?, also he says something could still happen with Mata tomorrow? What do you reckon?

I've always believed in taking responsibility for one's own actions, and I'm not going to stop that now. So for the fact that transfers did not occur this week despite my claims they would, I apologise.

I'm comfortable with my sources, their knowledge and their integrity. I've said previously they and I cannot be right all the time with something that even with knowledge is still predictive and dependant upon the actions of others.

I've been on this site pretty much since the start, posting around 17,000 times, moderating for the last two years. Never in one of those posts or as a moderator have I attacked another poster, I've always tried to treat people with the respect I believe everyone deserves. So I'm a little surprised and disappointed by the actions and words of some on here both at a personal level and also (and perhaps more importantly) from the site's perspective. Through thick and thin one of the attractions of this place has been the community spirit that exists here - I haven't seen much evidence of it in recent days.

We are all Blues here, and I understand the frustration, it's something I feel as much as anyone here, but that frustration should never boil over to the behaviour we've seen here in my opinion.

To better times ahead, a more harmomiois GOT and the fulfilment of all our Everton ambitions.
The information was given in good faith, that's all that matters.

Witsel nor his agent are doing themselves any great favours at present with their behaviour and demands. No doubt Koeman wanted Witsel from the beginning but it's evident that his patience is being worn thin.

Witsel is a very good player but not good enough for nonsense like that. Plenty of other top midfielders out there.

Mata is the one I'd be gutted for us to miss out on. Seems a good character and finding a playmaker with his vision is harder than a well rounded centre mid. In my opinion anyway.

Probably best we give him a deadline and move on. Plenty of decent midfielders out there. Witsel always seems to have been solely interested in money.

I've always believed in taking responsibility for one's own actions, and I'm not going to stop that now. So for the fact that transfers did not occur this week despite my claims they would, I apologise.

I'm comfortable with my sources, their knowledge and their integrity. I've said previously they and I cannot be right all the time with something that even with knowledge is still predictive and dependant upon the actions of others.

I've been on this site pretty much since the start, posting around 17,000 times, moderating for the last two years. Never in one of those posts or as a moderator have I attacked another poster, I've always tried to treat people with the respect I believe everyone deserves. So I'm a little surprised and disappointed by the actions and words of some on here both at a personal level and also (and perhaps more importantly) from the site's perspective. Through thick and thin one of the attractions of this place has been the community spirit that exists here - I haven't seen much evidence of it in recent days.

We are all Blues here, and I understand the frustration, it's something I feel as much as anyone here, but that frustration should never boil over to the behaviour we've seen here in my opinion.

To better times ahead, a more harmomiois GOT and the fulfilment of all our Everton ambitions.

Fraud.

I haven't seen anything from Witsel that would make me fret if we don't sign him.

Hunger, character, and desire are the most important things we need from players.

We should try as best we can to get top targets in but not at any price.

If Witsel feels he can do better elsewhere then off with him I say.

Witsel is a very good player but not good enough for nonsense like that. Plenty of other top midfielders out there.

Mata is the one I'd be gutted for us to miss out on. Seems a good character and finding a playmaker with his vision is harder than a well rounded centre mid. In my opinion anyway.

Yeah I feel the exact same. NEA with Witsel but desperately want Mata. He's what we need most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back