Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esk mate.

Can you back up any of you're statements from the last 2 months?

Come on mate.

Absolutely I can, but you only need a basic understanding of the club's finances from public information to know that a statement suggesting we cannot buy before selling is completely wrong.

There's no money until Stones leaves, I honestly believe that now
I don't see any logical reason to come to that conclusion at this time. We're being cautious and trying to achieve the best price and are willing to risk losing a target to do so. This strategy is wholly inconsistent with the idea that some have put forward, that there's way more money available than the mooted £100 million. If there were, we would be more aggressive and have signed one or two by now. We're not the next Chelski. Accept that those of you who are getting carried away.
However, our strategy is not inconsistent with having up to a positive net spend of £100 mill available. If we have we'll still need to achieve the best value possible in an inflated market, as we have several weak areas in the team, and we can only do that by hard bargaining and identifying value (cue Steve Walsh). We won't know for sure what our financial status is until we see the net spend when the window closes.

Absolutely I can, but you only need a basic understanding of the club's finances from public information to know that a statement suggesting we cannot buy before selling is completely wrong.
New ground? Knocking down the echo arena? Witzel? Mata? Proof please.

Must admit, starting to think 'the war chest' isn't nowhere as big as first mooted.

....mate, genuinely, did you think we'd have bought and have bought BIG by now? (serious Q BTW)

We're one pre-season game in, he's having a peep at the squad...we are in the market, and at a level we've never been able to deal before...and, personally, I think the not rushing in is a good thing at this point (a la NIASSE?). If we get ten days or so down the line and there's nothing well then I may get twitchy, until then, all good as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see any logical reason to come to that conclusion at this time. We're being cautious and trying to achieve the best price and are willing to risk losing a target to do so. This strategy is wholly inconsistent with the idea that some have put forward, that there's way more money available than the mooted £100 million. If there were, we would be more aggressive and have signed one or two by now. We're not the next Chelski. Accept that those of you who are getting carried away.
However, our strategy is not inconsistent with having up to a positive net spend of £100 mill available. If we have we'll still need to achieve the best value possible in an inflated market, as we have several weak areas in the team, and we can only do that by hard bargaining and identifying value (cue Steve Walsh). We won't know for sure what our financial status is until we see the net spend when the window closes.

What strategy?

The one you just made up in your head?

....mate, genuinely, did you think we'd have bought and have bought BIG by now? (serious Q BTW)

We're one pre-season game in, he's having a peep at the squad...we are in the market, and at a level we've never been able to deal before...and, personally, I think the not rushing in is a good thing at this point (a la NIASSE?). If we get ten days or so down the line and there's nothing well then I may get twitchy, until then, all good as far as I'm concerned.

Are we?

How so?

What strategy?

The one you just made up in your head?
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that we've made no effort at all to sign someone? I don't know for sure what we've done, anymore than you, but all the speculation in the media suggests that efforts are ongoing on several fronts.

Loving this, we've had a few weeks of heads falling off from other clubs thinking we're going to splash a load of class and suddenly now there's a load of our own with their heads falling off because we haven't splashed a load of cash yet, literally over the weekend this transitioned

If you were of a cynical mindset you could make the argument that an articulate and well-respected member of the forum being vague about insider information gives the website more hits and potentially generates more revenue.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back