Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people talking on here as if they were shareholders or something ("what's the budget?", "what's happening with the stadium", "we're not spending anything, why?"). We're supporters, we vote with our feet but essentially we have no control over how the club is run and we have no right to demand information on business negotiations and dealings. When the club is ready to announce things, they will. Until then you can wait and see what happens - or vote with your feet. Simple really.

What do you mean by calling out? All I'm interested in is with what squad we end the transfer window, not what squad we start with. Yes, The Esk got Friday wrong. If it was already August 31 I'd start worrying myself. Not now, plenty of time left.
Asking for proof when esk hasn't proved nothing.

TRANSFER RUMOURS TRANSFER RUMOURS GIVE ME SOME OF THAT GOOD [Poor language removed]

[Poor language removed] YES OH YES OH YES MATA WITSEL KOULIBALY

giphy.gif

The problem is a psychological one for us fans. While we haven't made any signings yet, some other sides have and they will inevitably be settled in their teams by the start of the season. In addition, it doesnt help when players who are supposedly linked with us (yes I know it may be rubbish) suddenly start getting linked with other teams. For example, only this evening, we have been linked with Wijnaldum by a few papers. Within an hour, a load of similar reports came out saying the RS were close to a deal with him.

Now I have no idea if he is any good, or if the links are genuine (probably not), but it is dispiriting for us fans. Until we make some signings we are bound to be jittery. I hope we arent turning into a kind of northern West Ham, being regularly turned down by a load of decent players!

Until we make some signings (or signing!) we will stay jittery - its understandable. But hopefully, purely short-term...

There is no proof yet. Before the last game of the season RK's agent fed the media with stories that RK was our NO. 1 target and we'd give him a 100 mill budget. It wasn't clear if this 100 mill included the expected sale of Lukaku for up to 60 mill but subsequently some papers stated that it didn't. The fact that we got RK suggests that he believes there's a big budget and we had to expend considerable financial muscle to land him including doubling his wages and paying compo to SFC and Martinez.
This showed our new found ability and willingness to spend but thus far, there's no proof either way, that we have a positive net spend of 100 mill available. We'll find out by the end of the window. The only thing I'm confident of is that we don't have way more than 100 mill as has been suggested.
Then why is the esk asking others who go against his view for proof when he never shown any?

The problem is a psychological one for us fans. While we haven't made any signings yet, some other sides have and they will inevitably be settled in their teams by the start of the season. In addition, it doesnt help when players who are supposedly linked with us (yes I know it may be rubbish) suddenly start getting linked with other teams. For example, only this evening, we have been linked with Wijnaldum by a few papers. Within an hour, a load of similar reports came out saying the RS were close to a deal with him.

Now I have no idea if he is any good, or if the links are genuine (probably not), but it is dispiriting for us fans. Until we make some signings we are bound to be jittery. I hope we arent turning into a kind of northern West Ham, being regularly turned down by a load of decent players!

Until we make some signings (or signing!) we will stay jittery - its understandable. But hopefully, purely short-term...

You are going off the papers tho. We all know how much they lie.

RK better start moving quickly, i don't want those cowards who represented us in the last 10 games starting the season off, we could be the next Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back