Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see, if we get leno i'll have a triple strike rate if the other 2 come off.

Worth a wager for top 4 based kn these 3 alone, leno, carvalho and koulibaly.
Lol you have a triple strike rate if we sign one player and another two you mentioned?

So you have a strike rate of 0 currently as we haven't signed anyone.

But those next 6 months of Barry as new players are settling are likely to be more important than whatever Cleverley's peak will be. Especially when the roster should be filled with players much better than the Clev by the time he would over take Barry as a player.
If he's on the bench because we've signed a couple of new midfielders then I don't think it would make much difference.

If we signed 3 on August 1st would you relax then? For some reason time is exacerbated during transfer windows; days become weeks, weeks feel like months. We're not even 3 weeks into the official transfer window yet with a brand new manager.

You're right, but it does seem the usual Everton way to leave things til the last minute. Just once it would be nice for new signings to be part of a good pre season to hit the new season running.

Not to mention the closer the deadline looms the prices go up and up as it's more difficult for other teams to replace their assets.

I am very surprised we've not brought 3 or 4 in already to be honest.

Not to mention the closer the deadline looms the prices go up and up as it's more difficult for other teams to replace their assets.

I am very surprised we've not brought 3 or 4 in already to be honest.

Just take a step back and think about it though. Brand new manager, with brand new staff, looking at players close up for the first time ever. It only makes sense for him to assess what he has first. Which is what Austria was all about i'd guess.

Would you rather he'd come in and spent £20m on a player only to realise we already had that here?

The only exception to this would be the obvious need we have for a goalie. But even then maybe he wanted to see what he had first.

He's really not been here long.

In reply to both of you, Koeman will have known he's coming here for about 2 months.

He will be well aware of the squad and what the strengths and weaknesses are, through his own staff and scouting network.

I understand he would obviously want to have a further look at the squad and see what potential gems we have in the youth team but it's abundantly clear even to the untrained eye what we have at the moment isn't good enough.

We really need to get a move on.

In reply to both of you, Koeman will have known he's coming here for about 2 months.

He will be well aware of the squad and what the strengths and weaknesses are, through his own staff and scouting network.

I understand he would obviously want to have a further look at the squad and see what potential gems we have in the youth team but it's abundantly clear even to the untrained eye what we have at the moment isn't good enough.

Debatable on the 2 months thing however you have to remember he's only been with some of the lads for two weeks now and he's made it clear he wants to see if the academy can plug some gaps. I'm sure he does know what positions we lack in but then again he might see players in different positions to how we do as well as his own choice of formation(s). Add to this the uncertainty around Stones & Lukaku who was he really going to buy in his first 2 weeks of training? It's really not a very long time. I suspect now everyone bar Lukaku is back and we get the Barnsley game out of the way he will 100% know what he needs to buy.

Goalkeep and CB are a definite though.

Well, you make some good points but this was n't a bad squad & a lot of people were really keen at the start of last season. Koeman needs to determine how much of last season was on the squad & how much was on Martinez before he throws the baby out with the bath water.

Debatable on the 2 months thing however you have to remember he's only been with some of the lads for two weeks now and he's made it clear he wants to see if the academy can plug some gaps. I'm sure he does know what positions we lack in but then again he might see players in different positions to how we do as well as his own choice of formation(s). Add to this the uncertainty around Stones & Lukaku who was he really going to buy in his first 2 weeks of training? It's really not a very long time. I suspect now everyone bar Lukaku is back and we get the Barnsley game out of the way he will 100% know what he needs to buy.

Goalkeep and CB are a definite though.
I hope you're right obviously, just want the best for Everton. Feel there's been far too much talk (mainly from our fan base) and very little action.

I do think we are missing a great opportunity to gather momentum into the start of the season however.

Of course, but if we were in negotiations as we were told we were, then why would he be travelling? One can only presume that he's decided to stay at United or they have had a rethink and want to keep him.

The season starts in 24 days, I am not a bed wetter or knee jerker, but to not have signed one outfield player at this point is a bit of a mystery to me.
If we are in negotiations it's probably to put a bit of pressure on us to up the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back