Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mata is happy with playing Europa League and Cup games, plus he will fill in for injuries or suspensions. He's already sorted all of this with Mourinho and is staying at Man Utd.

You'll all believe me when transfer window is over and he's still there.

Loads of the other rags saying Mata is gonna be sold to help fund the Pogba deal.

They know f all really.

Never really had massive hopes for the next season, a stable top-half finish and a run in the cups would be the perfect platform to build on in the coming years.

It's not as if we desperately need reinforcements, we have a very good squad of players at our disposal.
This is my chain of thought too.

Mata is happy with playing Europa League and Cup games, plus he will fill in for injuries or suspensions. He's already sorted all of this with Mourinho and is staying at Man Utd.

Not sure anyone's that arsed anymore.

I keep reading rubbish from supporters saying "Give Ronald time, he is assessing the players."

It's rubbish. Look at Man Utd. Mourinho goes in with a list of players he knows would strengthen the side and they get them in without much of a fuss.

Who actually needs time to assess the players? Any person with a brain cell or two will know which Everton player isn't good enough to play for us and which players from other teams will hugely improve our squad.

It's now 20th July. Season not far away. We haven't signed ANYONE.

It's a joke, it really is. Moshiri's billions my backside. It's all hot air.
Mourinho is under far more pressure to deliver in the coming season than Koeman.
Everton is in the first phase of a work in progress.
Mourinho has to win the league, I believe that finishing top four will not be seen as acceptable if Utd do sign Pogba and goodness knows who else.
Mourinho is a short term manager, everybody knows that he will be gone in three or four years time and it is anybodys guess in what state the club will be then. Utd have also spent vast sums in the last three seasons.

Everton are also different than Utd in that there are half a dozen youngsters that have to be assessed. We have seen this morning that Utd have released three of the youngsters that were involved last season and it looks as if Jose is doing what he always does, build a team for now.

Judging Everton by what happens at Utd or any other club makes no sense.

Last summer yes, we where quick off the blocks... how many summers before did we wait to sign players??

Jesus, some summers we bought 1 or 2 if we where lucky. How many windows did we go without signing anyone again?

We should really be drilled to be a little more patient in the transfer windows, its frustrating, but more often then not every transfer window is.
I mean when martinez signed we had 4 players in straight away. Picked them out negotiated and signed them

Just question his motives of moving from first team football to what he must have known was warming the bench, he was NEVER starting over Courtois...

When a first team keeper does that it tends to mean they are on the way down.

But he did start over Courtois for pretty much two months as Courtois was injured. He went from Stoke to playing in the CL and at a team that really should have been challenging for the title mate. Yes he'll have got a nice pay rise but it's literally the definition of ambition in terms of trying to progress his career. It didn't work out though.

I mean when martinez signed we had 4 players in straight away. Picked them out negotiated and signed them

No i get that mate - but realistically before then when did we do our business early? Very very rare in my opinion, usually one or two by now, but its an over reaction because with martinez we had some players in early doors

But he did start over Courtois for pretty much two months as Courtois was injured. He went from Stoke to playing in the CL and at a team that really should have been challenging for the title mate. Yes he'll have got a nice pay rise but it's literally the definition of ambition in terms of trying to progress his career. It didn't work out though.

But the key is Courtois was injured, if he wasn't do you see him getting in the team above him? Not a chance. he must have accepted that when he was joining them that he was number 2.

Regardless of if he comes here or not I can't understand why a footballer in his prime would settle for what could effectively be less than ten games a season.
Startling lack of ambition if true and he doesnt seem to be the type to be happy to just turn up and collect a wage

No i get that mate - but realistically before then when did we do our business early? Very very rare in my opinion, usually one or two by now, but its an over reaction because with martinez we had some players in early doors

Thing is though, we are all led to believe it's a different board now and plenty more money available. If it was still bill and his investor mates running things I'd be less optimistic but it's meant to be a much better board there and nothing has changed on that front. Plenty of hearing selling the project to players only for links to go quiet weeks later. It is almost as if we can't sell the project to anyone.

I'm not being pessimistic here , just all the enthusiasm sucked out of the summer currently. If mata had signed 3 weeks ago as he was meant to be then I wouldn't be arsed about the silence. Just even the most laid back of us are starting to get a bit tetchy thst our targets aren't signing and now we will potentially be re evaluating them with a new man in charge of it.

They all came from Wigan! He knew them all inside out and as they had just been relegated, they were jumping at the chance to leave! Hardly the same situation.

Or is this sarcasm? If so apologies!!!

Aye but point is they were given to the joke of a board to sort out and they were all sorted. Even the del loan happened quite quickly. It tells us Ronald has no targets and we have literally waited the get this dof in before making any moves . Now if we start progress on that front now then fine , but I was just saying in the first place the club have sorted transfers out quickly when the players were marked for signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back