Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone Wigan. Alcaraz free , robles athletico and deloufeu Barca. So 4 different sources to negotiate with as well not just ring save whelen up.

But if we were signing mata and witsel they would be done by now. Had plenty of time to negotiate the deals.

You know what I think? We were after these players. Hence why Esk was so confident in saying it because we were bidding and happy to pay whatever it took wages wise to bring them here. Normally that is all it takes to sign a player. For whatever reasons both deals fell through and now with Walsh inbound we are going to draw another list of players up. They won't be as good as ones we wanted in the first place which is disappointing but it will mean re negotiating with clubs for the players.

The club tried and failed this summer to sign top level players so now we will look to sign your Kante and Mahrez type players who will improve us but may not cost 40 million and be household names.

But once again....what are you basing this on? Solely the fact that they havent signed for us yet? Have they signed for anyone else?

Dont get me wrong, you COULD be absolutely correct with everything that you say. But there are a lot of ifs and buts and no real facts. Until our targets are signing for other clubs I wouldnt be too worried.

We may even go and sign someone boss this week that we havent even been linked with, because nobody actually knows what is going on behind the scenes

But once again....what are you basing this on? Solely the fact that they havent signed for us yet? Have they signed for anyone else?

Dont get me wrong, you COULD be absolutely correct with everything that you say. But there are a lot of ifs and buts and no real facts. Until our targets are signing for other clubs I wouldnt be too worried.

We may even go and sign someone boss this week that we havent even been linked with, because nobody actually knows what is going on behind the scenes
I'm not stating that as fact though, openly admitting it's my opinion of what is happening.

I'm basing it on the fact we haven't signed them still. If we were going to they would have been sorted by now. These deals don't take this long to sort out, we had plenty of time to negotiate with mata and witsel is back off holiday so any personal terms would have been sorted since he got back. The fact neither deal has actually happened still shows something isn't going right in them and I highly doubt we are negotiating a few million difference for the likes of mata considering how good he actually is.

But the key is Courtois was injured, if he wasn't do you see him getting in the team above him? Not a chance. he must have accepted that when he was joining them that he was number 2.

yeh but he had the promise that he'd feature in the cups and would obviously be automatically in if needed - again in a team that I stress should have been up in the title race.

He was deemed surplus to requirements at Stoke with Butland coming through, so in fairness I don't really question his motives at all in going to London and trying to prove himself in a very good side. I think that experience may have made him a stronger keeper overall, but agree he does need to refind his form of a few years back.

At the right price though (£8-10mil) think he'd be a good option for us.

Typical Everton transfer days the, slow as usual. Having to read through pages of snooker puns just to find out nothing, Everton that.

I'm not stating that as fact though, openly admitting it's my opinion of what is happening.

I'm basing it on the fact we haven't signed them still. If we were going to they would have been sorted by now. These deals don't take this long to sort out, we had plenty of time to negotiate with mata and witsel is back off holiday so any personal terms would have been sorted since he got back. The fact neither deal has actually happened still shows something isn't going right in them and I highly doubt we are negotiating a few million difference for the likes of mata considering how good he actually is.

Arteta10 is right IMO Ash. Until a player has signed for another club then our interest won't be over and a deal could easily be made.

Mata will leave Utd, IMO, but it was always certain he was gonna go to China on their tour as well. Nothing will happen on that front until after that.

Witsel is a bit different. It does appear that we've come to a bit of an impasse and have apparently moved onto Carvalho, but that's not to say we won't be back in for Witsel soon enough...

Kone Wigan. Alcaraz free , robles athletico and deloufeu Barca. So 4 different sources to negotiate with as well not just ring save whelen up.

But if we were signing mata and witsel they would be done by now. Had plenty of time to negotiate the deals.

You know what I think? We were after these players. Hence why Esk was so confident in saying it because we were bidding and happy to pay whatever it took wages wise to bring them here. Normally that is all it takes to sign a player. For whatever reasons both deals fell through and now with Walsh inbound we are going to draw another list of players up. They won't be as good as ones we wanted in the first place which is disappointing but it will mean re negotiating with clubs for the players.

The club tried and failed this summer to sign top level players so now we will look to sign your Kante and Mahrez type players who will improve us but may not cost 40 million and be household names.

So basically 3 Wigan since Joel was taken on loan by Martinez so already had contacts with Atletico which makes those irrelevant transfers.

If Koeman had come and taken 3 Saints players along with him sure but he didn't so...

Not really sure what your original post was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back