Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had him on ignore for ages now, it's a beautiful thing. Treat yourself brothers and ignore him, imagine if not a single person read his drivel, he'd start jumping up and down stamping his little feet in despair.
It's fairly entertaining reading it though and seeing the users that've just popped in for a look getting really upset when us seasoned transfer threaders know he just types rubbish.

You can all laugh. But there's be an angry mob outside Goodison if we don't get any decent players in by end of August after all of these claims that "we're rich".

We're not rich. Moshiri's billions are not ours. If he was serious, we'd have bought big name players by now without messing around like Chelsea, Man City and PSG did.

Well theyd be silly to get so carried away with the unconfirmed idea that we are super rich and then stupid to be part of a baying mob outside of a football ground.

Whats the point of your post? Apart from the usual nonsensical and arbitrary cutoff date for signings by a random internet poster, which apparently is needed to prove something or other.

I was absolutely delighted with Koeman (much more than most) but since then it's been a bit of a damp squib.

No-one at all significant brought in on the playing staff and our new Director of Football is a 61 year old former scout nobody had ever heard of.

Still at least the stadium plans seem to be progressing.

It's a certainly a brighter future under Moshiri but I'm not going overboard just yet.

yes. by the end of August. it's mid July. the fact we haven't signed anyone yet you use as conclusive proof that we are not now operating at a different financial level. what then, are you saying we didn't bid for Witzel? cos if we did, that's well over £30m in outlay right there. We've also recruited Koeman at vast expense, who will only have come if he's been told he can spend significantly. are you saying we've lied to him and that he'll find this out next month?
IF so, those are pretty bold statements. and I look forward to your profuse apologies and lowered profile if and when it's all proved to be nonsense

Are you talking to me?

Just in case you are, I'll try to answer you:

I'm not claiming to prove anything. I do believe we are operating at a very different economic level now. I simply said that it seems increasingly unlikely that the transfer window will not pan out the way I had hoped it would.

I don't know if we've made an attempt to bid for Witsel. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

I don't think Koeman was lied to, but neither do I know exactly what was outlined in the meetings ahead of him signing.

I do expect there to be signings, just not to the extent I thought. But that's my own problem.

Overall mate, I'm over the moon Mosh is here, so don't get me wrong.

You can all laugh. But there's be an angry mob outside Goodison if we don't get any decent players in by end of August after all of these claims that "we're rich".

We're not rich. Moshiri's billions are not ours. If he was serious, we'd have bought big name players by now without messing around like Chelsea, Man City and PSG did.

I'm with you mate, arghhhh! Just 40 days or so until this mob and riot can take place! Can't wait.

It seems that some may have forgotten that a transfer involves quite a few people, including the player. Now, it's all well & good for Everton to offer a shed load of cash for a player, and also offer him a sizeable income but...this is where it gets technical...he has to want to come.

We know our History, many in Blighty know our history, but don't assume every player on the planet does. Top players flocked to Man City, Chelsea, and say PSG after they were offered silly money at a time when that was still a novelty. Silly money offers are coming from China now, so it's not that much of a novelty anymore. I think those days are over.

Morning guys, how is everyone? Still trying to come to terms with the appointment of Walsh I imagine?

Didn't have the best starts to the morning as the little one had tactically placed a lego motorbike next to the bed and I ended up with most of it embedded in my foot when I got up, my missus laughed, I nearly cried. Had a freezing cold shower this morning but the relief from the heat was short lived when I got out and immediately felt like a sweaty mess again. Was late for work but thankfully so was everyone else so I was still first in and pretended I'd been here for a while, how devious am I hey guys? lollol ;-) xx

Two women at work are wearing flimsy vest tops today so I'll probably spend most of my day thinking of reasons to go over to their desks and stare down their tops, I don't find either of them particularly attractive but boobs is boobs. I wonder if we'll play two up front this season, and if so I wonder who Koeman will get in to partner Lukaku.

Have a good day everyone.

You really think Koemen is thinking two up top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back