Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely delighted with Koeman (much more than most) but since then it's been a bit of a damp squib.

No-one at all significant brought in on the playing staff and our new Director of Football is a 61 year old former scout nobody had ever heard of.

Still at least the stadium plans seem to be progressing.

It's a certainly a brighter future under Moshiri but I'm not going overboard just yet.

Who signed the three players that won LEICESTER CITY the Premier League last season...

Mate, why does it matter if people 'have heard of him'?

Also, Koeman has been in the job now two and a half weeks in terms of having players available to him in pre-season.

The lads from the Euros (bar Lukaku) and Mori only returned two days ago, and for the past week they were out in Austria.

We've still got three and a half weeks until the new season and for what it's worth haven't even really had a 'proper' pre-season game yet. I wouldn't worry...

But you do not know this at all. Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes so we cant just make wild statements based on what might or might not be happening

Hi mate, not sure how long you have been a part of this mighty fine establishment, but it is a football forum, we speculate to debate. Game of Opinions and that. Im hoping that the deals take longer because we are after big targets, players like Mata don't sign in a hour or two.

In all fairness, nobody else has really massively strengthened this year either.
I'm guessing it's the eye of the storm type thing,everything all calm right now.

The last few weeks of the window they will be a flurry of activity from the clubs,that will eventually break summer transfer window record.

Who signed the three players that won LEICESTER CITY the Premier League last season...

Mate, why does it matter if people 'have heard of him'?

Also, Koeman has been in the job now two and a half weeks in terms of having players available to him in pre-season.

The lads from the Euros (bar Lukaku) and Mori only returned two days ago, and for the past week they were out in Austria.

We've still got three and a half weeks until the new season and for what it's worth haven't even really had a 'proper' pre-season game yet. I wouldn't worry...
Just a little underwhelming after being linked with Monchi I guess, however I'm obviously right behind him. Let's hope he delivers some gems.

I hope you're right. It's not that long to get players integrated into the squad before August 13th though.

Begovic would be a good signing I reckon.

Underwhelmed at Chelsea but he's still a top class keeper when he's on form and is only just 29 I believe.

Two years ago he was one of the best in the league. I reckon he'd be good for us.
Im sorry you are out of your mind if you think2 years ago he was a good keeper. 2 years ago he was the 2nd worst keeper in the Premier League, only because a keeper named 'Tim Howard' was unfortunately playing for us.

Im sorry you are out of your mind if you think2 years ago he was a good keeper. 2 years ago he was the 2nd worst keeper in the Premier League, only because a keeper named 'Tim Howard' was unfortunately playing for us.

Worse than any of the relegated Keepers?

I'll admitt I'm massively disappointed. Wasn't expecting world class players but I did believe we'd sign a lot of very good ones. Seems increasingly unlikely now, and, significantly, that our overall transfer strategy is more a case of plugging holes than actually pushing on by getting something better than we've got.
I just don't understand this.
Is there a cut off point beyond which none of the better players are sold ?
If anything I would have thought that the low lying fruit would be the first to go. The players coming to the end of the contract, the player that the club already has the replacement in the squad or a better player bought for less money. The player that has left it be known they are leaving and do not want to stay.

We , it would appear, may be after a different category. The player the club does not want to lose. We know and accept that to get these type of players to Everton will not happen as easily as for the CL clubs, some will turn us down but others won't
I don't see where the deadlines come into play.

Just a little underwhelming after being linked with Monchi I guess, however I'm obviously right behind him. Let's hope he delivers some gems.

I hope you're right. It's not that long to get players integrated into the squad before August 13th though.

A DoF's job isn't just transfers though either mate - it's to set a system in place that runs throughout the club meaning that when things inevitably change at managerial/player level, the overhaul isn't large and new staff are brought into a style and set system, with the idea that it breeds long-term success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back