Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can all laugh. But there's be an angry mob outside Goodison if we don't get any decent players in by end of August after all of these claims that "we're rich".

We're not rich. Moshiri's billions are not ours. If he was serious, we'd have bought big name players by now without messing around like Chelsea, Man City and PSG did.

Thing is though, we are all led to believe it's a different board now and plenty more money available. If it was still bill and his investor mates running things I'd be less optimistic but it's meant to be a much better board there and nothing has changed on that front. Plenty of hearing selling the project to players only for links to go quiet weeks later. It is almost as if we can't sell the project to anyone.

I'm not being pessimistic here , just all the enthusiasm sucked out of the summer currently. If mata had signed 3 weeks ago as he was meant to be then I wouldn't be arsed about the silence. Just even the most laid back of us are starting to get a bit tetchy thst our targets aren't signing and now we will potentially be re evaluating them with a new man in charge of it.

Aye but point is they were given to the joke of a board to sort out and they were all sorted. Even the del loan happened quite quickly. It tells us Ronald has no targets and we have literally waited the get this dof in before making any moves . Now if we start progress on that front now then fine , but I was just saying in the first place the club have sorted transfers out quickly when the players were marked for signing.

But you do not know this at all. Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes so we cant just make wild statements based on what might or might not be happening

I'll admitt I'm massively disappointed. Wasn't expecting world class players but I did believe we'd sign a lot of very good ones. Seems increasingly unlikely now, and, significantly, that our overall transfer strategy is more a case of plugging holes than actually pushing on by getting something better than we've got.

You can all laugh. But there's be an angry mob outside Goodison if we don't get any decent players in by end of August after all of these claims that "we're rich".

We're not rich. Moshiri's billions are not ours. If he was serious, we'd have bought big name players by now without messing around like Chelsea, Man City and PSG did.

Youre going to be depressed when we sign some top players arent you mate

Oh you mean back before FFP and STCC were a thing? As well as the fact Moshiri isn't as rich as the owner of any of those teams. Add to the fact they were/are bigger clubs with more pull than us it's not even a comparable situation.

I'll admitt I'm massively disappointed. Wasn't expecting world class players but I did believe we'd sign a lot of very good ones. Seems increasingly unlikely now, and, significantly, that our overall transfer strategy is more a case of plugging holes than actually pushing on by getting something better than we've got.

There is still over a month of the transfer window left!!!

Yes of course it would be better to get the players in as early as possible. But its not like we desperately need them in right now to go and play Barnsley at the weekend is it? Our euro players arent even back yet!

If we still havent signed anyone a couple of days before the spurs game then you should be massively dissapointed, not just yet

yes. by the end of August. it's mid July. the fact we haven't signed anyone yet you use as conclusive proof that we are not now operating at a different financial level. what then, are you saying we didn't bid for Witzel? cos if we did, that's well over £30m in outlay right there. We've also recruited Koeman at vast expense, who will only have come if he's been told he can spend significantly. are you saying we've lied to him and that he'll find this out next month?
IF so, those are pretty bold statements. and I look forward to your profuse apologies and lowered profile if and when it's all proved to be nonsense

Why are you still here? Everyone has seen through your thinly veiled disguise.

Names of said 4?

Kone Wigan. Alcaraz free , robles athletico and deloufeu Barca. So 4 different sources to negotiate with as well not just ring save whelen up.

But you do not know this at all. Nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes so we cant just make wild statements based on what might or might not be happening

But if we were signing mata and witsel they would be done by now. Had plenty of time to negotiate the deals.

You know what I think? We were after these players. Hence why Esk was so confident in saying it because we were bidding and happy to pay whatever it took wages wise to bring them here. Normally that is all it takes to sign a player. For whatever reasons both deals fell through and now with Walsh inbound we are going to draw another list of players up. They won't be as good as ones we wanted in the first place which is disappointing but it will mean re negotiating with clubs for the players.

The club tried and failed this summer to sign top level players so now we will look to sign your Kante and Mahrez type players who will improve us but may not cost 40 million and be household names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back