Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair on @Angel Delight i question @TheEsk sometimes. Sometimes i'm fed a little info from a friend that sometimes turns out true and sometimes doesn't, and i use my info against his sometimes and there completley off. Again sometimes my own mate is wrong so i don't like to post anything, but the only signing i've heard from him that matches @The Esk is Witsel. So Angel may very well be right about Mata.

He probably is right - I think Esk has had bad info too - but that's not why people take the mick out of him - it's because he's a closet Kopite/Manc who signed up and immediately started making very suspect posts.

OR

His sources were spot on and things changed since then. Mata may be staying but if we were bidding for him then perhaps he was available and open to a move back then? It is only jose perhaps getting involved and telling him to stay and giving him plans that turned his head back to staying at the club? Means the transfer would then fall through when before that it was all set to be sorted?

Same as witsel, happy to sign for us, on holiday but by the time he ends up back in russia his agent tells him juve are interested in him so therefore he then stops picking up the phone waiting for juve to ring him.

Point is in both cases the original deals changed very quickly because of one small influence. It isn't like we had not even bid for them or opened any sort of negotiation, if something small happens that changes the player's mind then the original info would still be correct.

Imagine an ITK spouting Gerrard to chelsea for ages and then he turns his car round on the motorway and decides not to sign? Would that insider info be wrong then considering the deals and talks had taken place already?

All of which I have said last week - problem is Esk said things like "Witsel is ours", when he wasn't.

Therefore, all criticisms directed at him - including whether he's making things up or not - are unfortunately fair game at this point.

People asking what happens to Barkley should we sign Sigurdsson, it doesn't matter. Ross has been terrible for months, Sigurdsson is proven at premier league level and is someone who can push Ross to perform better as well as learn from.

The better player will play so we should be happy if we manage to sign him. 25 million is a lot of money but who cares, if he comes and performs for us then it'll be worth it.

So WatchedToffee, FourthOfficial, Esk and agent (insert Twitter handle here) are bad blaggers... I'm starting to believe there is no such thing as ITKs....

I mean why wouldn't random people with no affiliation to the club know sensitive transfer information. I'm completely shocked and upset at this revelation.
How people get information relating to Everton matters only they know, but , I have no doubt that some information must leak out.

Regarding transfers, I think we nearly all accept that we are waiting on one deal at least(Witsel) and this still seems to be dragging on without an end in sight. I think there have probably been a couple of times when it is thought the deal was to be finalised.

I think there may be legs in the Mata story as well and that possibly depends on incomings at Old Trafford.

We seem to be operating in a different market, a more difficult market this summer and we have to recognise we do not have the pulling power of a club like Utd.

I thinks it's obvious that Mosh has wanted a DoF to come at an early phase. It's just sound business sense if you're going to invest a lot of money.

We'll see signings start coming in now, otherwise there wouldn't have been any point in appointing Walsh.

Sigurdsson is probably realistically worth £15m or so, but that amount was paid for Jordan Ibe, the money paid for players these days isn't anywhere near their value, the premier league is going up its own backside very quickly.

I think he's a very decent player, and if he played for Roma or Lazio instead of Swansea we'd be lapping it up.

People asking what happens to Barkley should we sign Sigurdsson, it doesn't matter. Ross has been terrible for months, Sigurdsson is proven at premier league level and is someone who can push Ross to perform better as well as learn from.

The better player will play so we should be happy if we manage to sign him. 25 million is a lot of money but who cares, if he comes and performs for us then it'll be worth it.

Sig is a replacement after Mata and is better the Wijnaldum and Barkley needs help in the attacking role.

All of which I have said last week - problem is Esk said things like "Witsel is ours", when he wasn't.

Therefore, all criticisms directed at him - including whether he's making things up or not - are unfortunately fair game at this point.

That's it, live by the sword and die by it. I take what he says with a pinch of salt, because it will be a snapshot of a moment in time, but it could have changed by the time it's relayed on here.

I thinks it's obvious that Mosh has wanted a DoF to come at an early phase. It's just sound business sense if you're going to invest a lot of money.

We'll see signings start coming in now, otherwise there wouldn't have been any point in appointing Walsh.

Exactly. And no finer day than today to start, I think it's time :)

siggurdson be a great player for us.

My only concern with him is that the only time he stands out as a important player is when he is at swansea. Almost like that is his level, and when he stepped up to spurs he kinda got lost in the better players there.

So yeah, is he a great player, or is he a great player for a mid table club?

ALso where did the sigurdsson thread go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back