Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I think about it is whenever we played swans, who am I worried about? Hmmm yip always about sig, even at spurs he was dangerous to play against.

But in saying that. If u want someone in to play CAM surely they need much better than our current choice which is ross. He doesn't seem that much better.at all.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160722_0001.webp
    wp_ss_20160722_0001.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 103
This on toast too. Although in fairness I think people enjoy the ride - like wanting to know what's inside the box on Christmas instead of waiting, and asking anyone and everyone if they know what it is in advance.
it's the nature of some fans (not just here but everywhere), constantly looking for a reason to moan. They aren't happy unless they're unhappy and people like Esk, who i genuinely believe - rightly or wrongly - simply passes over what he hears offers them a chance to fume.

The way I think about it is whenever we played swans, who am I worried about? Hmmm yip always about sig, even at spurs he was dangerous to play against.

But in saying that. If u want someone in to play CAM surely they need much better than our current choice which is ross. He doesn't seem that much better.at all.

We want to be a Champions League side - that means two quality players for every position.

Sigurdsson at £25m would be a fantastic signing and bang on the money.

But that comes to the same thing - it means he misjudged the info given, the source was unreliable and he put 1+1 together and got 12.

Look at it this way - we could announce Witsel and Mata today, and his info would still have been wrong at the time.

Possibly semantics but I think there is a subtle difference between the 2. I assume he will have judged the info he was given at the time in good faith, formed an opinion one way or another and posted what he did to share with GOTers. That is the information that could have been "misjudged" as you have stated. There is then the scenario that follows where regardless of the judgement made of the original information, the situation simply changes. That change of situation will undermine any judgement that is made regardless of whether you got it wrong or right based on the original info

If we did sign Mata and Witsel today or at any stage in the remaining window it does not necessarily mean his information was "wrong" it could just equally mean that once again the situation changed. Some will no doubt point that they feel it is an indicator that there was significantly more to the original release of information and see it as some sort of vindication of the person releasing it.

If we fail to sign either of them by the time the window closes, that too does not necessarily mean the information he was passing on was wrong, once again it could simply mean the situation changed.

Unless the club come out and make a categoric statement that at no stage did we make a move or have any agreements in place for these 2 players then we will never know, and that is unlikely as it tends not to be common practice (I think).

These are complex affairs, not everything is black/white or right/wrong - things change, situations are fluid etc.......

Is it me or have The Express and The Telegraph become almost red top tabloid like with their gossip-ness this window with literally no basis for their words?

I bought the telegraph for the first time ever today. More pages about athletics than any other sport in the sport section today. Safe to say I won't be buying that again.

Possibly semantics but I think there is a subtle difference between the 2. I assume he will have judged the info he was given at the time in good faith, formed an opinion one way or another and posted what he did to share with GOTers. That is the information that could have been "misjudged" as you have stated. There is then the scenario that follows where regardless of the judgement made of the original information, the situation simply changes. That change of situation will undermine any judgement that is made regardless of whether you got it wrong or right based on the original info

If we did sign Mata and Witsel today or at any stage in the remaining window it does not necessarily mean his information was "wrong" it could just equally mean that once again the situation changed. Some will no doubt point that they feel it is an indicator that there was significantly more to the original release of information and see it as some sort of vindication of the person releasing it.

If we fail to sign either of them by the time the window closes, that too does not necessarily mean the information he was passing on was wrong, once again it could simply mean the situation changed.

Unless the club come out and make a categoric statement that at no stage did we make a move or have any agreements in place for these 2 players then we will never know, and that is unlikely as it tends not to be common practice (I think).

These are complex affairs, not everything is black/white or right/wrong - things change, situations are fluid etc.......

Agreed, and I've said so in the past, and indeed I've said it twice today too.

Which is why I said either Esk misjudged the situation, or his source over-egged it, or the whole thing is fake. It can only be one of those three outcomes, because otherwise the information would be true and the announcement would have been made.

What you believe is that the source over-egged it, because the situation changed, meaning that Witsel wasn't "ours".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back