Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Mata does move, because if he Deffo stays with the Mancs, then it will make what my Manc supporting brother in law said to me the other week, and I posted on here when we were being told that Mata was 'ours' he had said Mata was going nowhere because he wanted to stay at Man U.

Is it me or have The Express and The Telegraph become almost red top tabloid like with their gossip-ness this window with literally no basis for their words?
The internet has basically ruined newspapers as now all they care about is clickbait and ad revenue. So they post as many rumours as possible to get people onto their sites.

It's Friday and not even lunch time.
Heads are starting to wobble, I better get some extra popcorn in for tonight this thread is going to be like car crash tv.

Btw did any one remember to call in the cleaning crew as its gonna get messy.

Going out for a bit please don't start without me.

Reports: Everton want Sigurdsson, by GrandOldTeam

sig-150x150.jpg

Ronald Koeman is lining up a £25 million bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson according to the Telegraph.

Apparently Everton will make a substantial offer for the Iceland international who the report claims has been a target for both Koeman and new Director of Football Steve Walsh at their former clubs.

The Swansea midfielder had an impressive Euro 2016, helping Iceland reach the quarter-finals in their first major tournament and Swansea are now facing a challenge to keep the 26-year-old at the Liberty Stadium.

Everton line up a £25 million bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson https://t.co/1PEiya8hvS pic.twitter.com/4A0boVkyNu

— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) July 22, 2016

The post Reports: Everton want Sigurdsson appeared first on GrandOldTeam.
What you get with siggy is a proven premiership player in the prime of his career in a position that we desperately need to fill. Reading about Walsh, he really looks into the character of players before buying them. The move to Spurs didn't come off for Gylfi (my Spurs mate was gutted as he rated the player) but he wasn't content earning a fortune sat on Spurs' bench, hence his move back to Swansea. If we don't get mata, I'd be equally delighted to get sigurdson as he just seems a natural 'fit' for our club.

Agreed, and I've said so in the past, and indeed I've said it twice today too.

Which is why I said either Esk misjudged the situation, or his source over-egged it, or the whole thing is fake. It can only be one of those three outcomes, because otherwise the information would be true and the announcement would have been made.

What you believe is that the source over-egged it, because the situation changed, meaning that Witsel wasn't "ours".

Think it is unfair to have a go at someone for giving information in the wrong manner, he isn't reporting for sky sports.

Agree he may of got a little bit excited - but surely a source is better than none, give the lad a break before he stops.

I read between the lines on that and see it as Mourinho saying Mata will have to submit a transfer request to leave.

He's hardly gave him a ringing endorsement has he?
That's exactly what it was. He knows that Mata is popular with a large chunk of the United support and doesn't want to upset them too early.

Not exactly on topic, but ...

Best way to deal with certain posters:

1) DO NOT REPLY

2) Click on their name, click on the yellow text that's says "Ignore"

3) Really, don't hit reply. It makes you look insane to all those who've correctly applied Step 2. Arguing with yourself.

4) Got this far? Good, you'll have a happy life, free of stress and full of multi-million-pound signings (I know because The Esk told me so).

Thank you for your prompt action on this request.

Not exactly on topic, but ...

Best way to deal with certain posters:

1) DO NOT REPLY

2) Click on their name, click on the yellow text that's says "Ignore"

3) Really, don't hit reply. It makes you look insane to all those who've correctly applied Step 2. Arguing with yourself.

4) Got this far? Good, you'll have a happy life, free of stress and full of multi-million-pound signings (I know because The Esk told me so).

Thank you for your prompt action on this request.

Can someone tell me what MadKiwi has posted please ? I see his name being mentioned but I clicked on some yellow text a while ago.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back