Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. So don't say "Witsel is ours", when Witsel wasn't ours. That is simply incorrect, because if Witsel was ours, then the situation is closed.

Not really sure what part of that is contentious. I don't have a problem with "maybe some news tomorrow", even if I do firmly believe they shouldn't say that as it means absolutely nothing, but when making definitive statements you need to be sure it's correct.

So again, by saying "Witsel is ours", either Esk misjudged the source, or the source over-egged it, or Esk is a fake. There is no "situation has changed" with that one.

Yes - fair one - get where you are at with that, in that the language used there would infer a 100% degree of certainty for some people.

Which I suppose is why I personally buy into the concept of taking it all with a pinch of salt until they are pictured with contract bloke or someone else holding the scarf or wearing the shirt, and try to stop people getting bent out of shape about the whole ITK enigma.

Siggy is boss. I'd love him here, genuine goal threat to support Rom.

Still would rather have Mata, but Sigurdsson is a big upgrade on Ross.

I actually would sooner have Ross in my team than Mata. Not Ross of the last 18 months with his boxers physique and poor balance, but a leaner higher functioning Barkley that we saw in the Autumn/Winter of 2013. His fitness and stamina has been badly managed, as with a lot of our players these past couple of years. He is an exceptional talent that needs to get back on track this season, and I believe he will.

Some of you are doing my head inn. Sig is a great player and would fly into our team. We are not going to sign any world class players because where Everton and for the past 2 seasons we have done crap. We haven't won anything in over 20. Years and although saying it hurts, its the reality. Everyone is buzzing of the RS signings but there in the same boat as us.

Most are laughing at the RS signings.

Just trying to help cheer up the lads who don't seem open to us signing him. :) He'd improve our first XI and that, for me, is the most important thing right now.

Fair play mate, I like him as well and would be a great addition , but he for me anyway is the type of player that depending on who else we signed would be how happy I was, if that makes sense

Proper lol at the belters thinking Sigurdsson isn't decent. Some of you should come away from computer games and move into the real world.

Does every player have to be a worldy? For some of you, waking up every day must be a long drawn out disappointment.

This

People crying "I expected bigger signings than this"..."hardly the marquee signing I was expecting.."

If we sign him, it would just be a good signing, not our only one and not our biggest one either.

Chill out man, sound like spoilt brats

I can understand someone saying they think he's overpriced at 25 Million, but kicking off over being in for someone with his abilities confounds me somewhat

He's a decent player, and I'm sure he wouldn't be our sole signing

If Mata isn't coming then we need to look elsewhere, and if he needs a kick up the bum that we CAN look elsewhere, it makes sense to court Sigurdson

Peeps need to chillax yo

I actually would sooner have Ross in my team than Mata. Not Ross of the last 18 months with his boxers physique and poor balance, but a leaner higher functioning Barkley that we saw in the Autumn/Winter of 2013. His fitness and stamina has been badly managed, as with a lot of our players these past couple of years. He is an exceptional talent that needs to get back on track this season, and I believe he will.

Definitely will see a different Ross this season, fitter, better managed, and hopefully out to prove a point.

He is, but one who 2 years ago would have cost about £10m tops. He is the same player now he was then yet now attracts a mental valuation.

...it's not to say that the fee quoted is what's truly being bid but £20m seems to be the starting point these days. Regardless, only time tells us if any transfer is true value for money.

Exactly. Some people need to get realistic with the calibre of player we can sign. We have been lined with top players, but trying to get to commit to us, will be a challenge.

I agree completely, and I am pretty sure the clubs aim as regards signings is to bring players in who will improve the squad, of course the better pedigree the better, but if we began the month wanting to sign the best available player in each position we wanted to strengthen, we would and will end up with nobody.

The most difficult markets to source players from is the domestic one, due to price inflation, and Russia/Eastern Europe, for established reasons. I hope the club is still not pursuing Witsel, the combination of his parent club and what seems a huge ego on his part should have set off alarm bells weeks ago. This has been significant time wasted.

I would love us to sign Sigurdsson but my initial thought was that's another rival PL club to haggle with over fees etc, another drawn-out saga etc.

I think the most fertile ground for us by far is the continental European market - France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Germany, and Italy. To a lesser degree after that it would be South American players. That seems pretty obvious to me but I wonder if the club are going down these avenues for players to the extent they should be. I would have thought Koeman has contacts not only in Holland and Belgium (quite obviously) but in Spain and Portugal from his time there.

If not, then you would expect Walsh to step in and show his worth. But it's leaving it late this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back