Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play mate, I like him as well and would be a great addition , but he for me anyway is the type of player that depending on who else we signed would be how happy I was, if that makes sense
Yep, if he was the 'biggest' signing this window I'd also be a little deflated, what with reports of 100m and a new era, etc. But hopefully he'll be supplemented (if we sign him!) with others. Him, a proven, brilliant goalkeeper and a midfielder who is miles better than McCarthy and I'll be very, very happy indeed ...

Makes you wonder how strong the interest is from Man City over Stones, seems to have gone really quiet.
Probably offering 40m and hoping he'll whack in another transfer request and cause a hissy fit and split the Everton camp. I genuinely think if Everton refuse all offers below his price he'll get his head down and give us his best this season. If City meet our asking price (every player has one - if somebody offers 65m for Lukaku he'll be gone too) then we'll allow Stones to leave.

...it's not to say that the fee quoted is what's truly being bid but £20m seems to be the starting point these days. Regardless, only time tells us if any transfer is true value for money.

Fair. If he signed for £20m I wouldn't be unhappy at all, a classy player who can score 10 goals a season from midfield.

We are being flooded with new midfielder links, some must be a contingency interest in case others don't work out.

Yep, if he was the 'biggest' signing this window I'd also be a little deflated, what with reports of 100m and a new era, etc. But hopefully he'll be supplemented (if we sign him!) with others. Him, a proven, brilliant goalkeeper and a midfielder who is miles better than McCarthy and I'll be very, very happy indeed ...

Begovic, Sigurdsson, Koulibaly, and any combination of 2 of (witsel, Carvalho, Strootman, Kovicic, Schneiderlin) and i'd be happy, throw in a solid second striker and someone like a ziyech from twente and would be doing cartwheels mate

Would love Mata, but not gutted if we didn't get him and done good business throughout the squad

Begovic, Sigurdsson, Koulibaly, and combination of 2 of (witsel, Carvalho, Stoortman, Kovicic, Schnedierlin) and i'd be happy, throw in a solid second striker and someone like a ziyech from twente and would be doing cartwheels mate

Would love Mata, but not gutted if we didn't get him and done good business throughout the squad

Kind of the ideal transfer window that (better keepers for me though).

Anyone think that all these resurfaced lukaku rumours could be the cause of these failed / delayed signings. We all expected stones to go but not lukaku, me too. But not so sure now.
If that's right, then all previous planning (based on 40 m clear profit in stones sale for wages) and potential signings (specific positions to fit lukaku - mata) go pretty much out the window.
Hope I'm wrong.

In fact, better than that tell me I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back