Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thought occured to me. I think it very reasonable for us to refuse a transfer request from Lukaku, on the basis that we showed the requisite "ambition" signing players this summer.

I think he is staying come what may now, but the scenario that we will line up by September 3rd with him in the team not significantly bolstered by 3-4 signings as a minimum is really too depressing to contemplate. It may lead to another round of washing dirty linen in public from Lukaku as the season progresses, which nobody wants to see.

There just has to be a few decent signings, end of.
That's the thing though it's all a bit chicken and egg. Sell one star to pay for 5 stars. Making sure you get the first of those 5 in first before selling.
But sell 2 stars you can't get any, even with the trillions.
It's a real danger, as someone just said get 65m and rom is gone. That can't happen unless stones stays, which imo is seriously unlikely.
Tricky business.

For one, it was just a 'cryptic' tweet by his new agent. Not actually definitely in relation to anything to do with that.

Two, if it is anything to do with that, then it could well just be the agent wanting a better deal for his latest client.

Three, if he does leave, he'll be off Juve, Chelsea etc etc.

Can't see it happening or even coming close.

If he left i think City would be absolutely all over him mate

i seen callum chambers mentioned in here as a possibility for stoke. Now if we could get a wiser old head for the centre back as well as trying to tempt arsenal to sell him at a snip at around £10m-£12m i would love that. Better than a £43m on koulibaly on his own. Think chambers will be the real deal when he gets back from his injury and gets games, could easily be as good as stones and RB cover. See if arsenal could be tempted with a cheap deal for oxlade-chamberlain as well?

i seen callum chambers mentioned in here as a possibility for stoke. Now if we could get a wiser old head for the centre back as well as trying to tempt arsenal to sell him at a snip at around £10m-£12m i would love that. Better than a £43m on koulibaly on his own. Think chambers will be the real deal when he gets back from his injury and gets games, could easily be as good as stones and RB cover. See if arsenal could be tempted with a cheap deal for oxlade-chamberlain as well?

He's not ready yet mate and honestly with the group of youngsters we have at the club at cb, Galloway, Browning, Holgate, and a couple of others, think Chambers was one of those lads that moved a couple of years too soon and will basically never fulfuill his potential now

Ox will be a ridiculous price as he's English, I do like him. Think he would be 30mil+ though.

Why is he better than Koulibaly? If you mean because he is cheaper, then that is poor judgement. We should be trying to get the best players in, rather than a defender who has looked poor when I have seen him for Arsenal and only worth decent money because he is English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back