Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though, Sig would be a superb acquisition.

Scores goals, creates, presses high and has an eye for a great pass.

Only worry is that if he came in he would be shoved out wide to accommodate Barkley in the 10 or utilised as a winger in a 4-3-3, but still would improve us.

Why is he better than Koulibaly? If you mean because he is cheaper, then that is poor judgement. We should be trying to get the best players in, rather than a defender who has looked poor when I have seen him for Arsenal and only worth decent money because he is English.

never said he was. I said getting him as a backup as well as an experienced first choice defender who's very good i.e. £25m ish would be much better than spunking £43m on a 23 year old who's never played in the prem. We need some more experience at the back imo.

Liverpool interested in a player, committee meets, fee agreed, terms agreed, medical, done.

All in DAYS.

The hell do Everton do?

The rest of your analogy could read:

Player turns up and starts training - fully buying into the idea that this is our year!

Player turns out to be utter turd or doesn't gel with the rest of the red belters.

Oh well looks like next year is our year !

and repeat.

I would not set that lot across the park as our benchmark for anything - rather take the time to get it right me!

never said he was. I said getting him as a backup as well as an experienced first choice defender who's very good i.e. £25m ish would be much better than spunking £43m on a 23 year old who's never played in the prem. We need some more experience at the back imo.

Koulibaly is world class, to get to the top you need world class players.

not spend £25mil on a player who got relegated?

some people just make me wonder. Why on earth would you look at liverpool's transfer business and think "why can't we do that". like i states before they're making all these signngs for massive inflated fees ... with no actual competition. We're after players who are actually good enough for another team to actually want them.

They've also just bough alex manninger. Ffs Everton! why can't you copy them!!!! jeez, and people moaned at stekelnberg as 3rd choice.

He's not ready yet mate and honestly with the group of youngsters we have at the club at cb, Galloway, Browning, Holgate, and a couple of others, think Chambers was one of those lads that moved a couple of years too soon and will basically never fulfuill his potential now

i meant as backup. Think he could lead our defence for the next decade when ready. Really really rate the lad, he's a lot better than those youngsters we have coming through. Like i think, he can be just as good as stones.

If we signed:

Leno
Koulibaly
Carvalho
Top Centre mid

then i think we would have a really strong spine as good as anyone else in the league. Also if we did add Gyfli to this then he would be competing with Ross, Dowell, Tarashaj and also the new centre mid.

However today or yesterday i read that swansea had been bought for £110mil so its very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back