Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
27992-1413206775.jpg
ON HIS WAY TO THE PEOPLES CLUB

*Swoons*

On par with Cleverley?!?!

No, not even a comparison. Gylfi is loads better. Don't see Tom leading Iceland to the euro quarterfinals . Sigurdsson has been a standout at Swansea and is a class player - he may not be all world, but he is very, very good.

Only level comparison between these two might be they are both attached to fit birds.....

lol lol lol

Seen the links come up for Sigordson and Sissokho and I hope it's just agents talk. If we are seriously in for them, at the prices being quoted I do worry we are falling into an obvious trap of spending lots of money on decent players that operate in our league.

For 35 million we do need to be patient and try to find lads who can radically improve us (I think Carvalho would). Likewise with Sigordson when you look at his stats he is not as good as Barkley or even Deulofeu if he played most of the season.

It's hard to give an overall judgement until we see the entire transfer landscape and that won't be for over a month yet.
Sigurdson as a marquee signing would have been very acceptable and just about doable in the previous regime(given that we bought Lukaku for 28m).
Now, however we are in a different place.
The signing of Sigurdson as part of an overall plan to strengthen the squad with another three or four signings of comparable or better quality would be very acceptable.
Sigurdson as the marquee signing would be underwhelming for most , after being fed on a diet of Wisel, Mata and Carvalho.

Begovic, Sigurdsson, Koulibaly, and any combination of 2 of (witsel, Carvalho, Strootman, Kovicic, Schneiderlin) and i'd be happy, throw in a solid second striker and someone like a ziyech from twente and would be doing cartwheels mate

Would love Mata, but not gutted if we didn't get him and done good business throughout the squad
Yeah but that is no way realistic (unless we sell Stones - but even then it'd be probably about 80m net and I just can't see it, unfortunately). If it happened, cartwheels all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back