Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like him but £10mill for a 32 year old??? Be a great signing though
To be honest, in today's market, that's not bad money at all.

He's 31. 3 years at least for a defender who's got lots of experience and is exactly what we need.

I'd be made up if true.

Be severely disappointed if we sell Rom and Stones then follow it up with seven or eight ten to fifteen million pound players.

All very Spursy circa 2012/13 and Liverpool 2014/15 after sales of Bale and Suarez.

Just putting this out there, age is just a number. If you want success in the next few years then don't worry about age when buying a player. I'd rather buy a player who's brilliant now at 30 then buy a 21 year old who you have to develop for 4 years. Might just be me however I'm right.

Exactly, the minute I watched a corner sail over our 6 yard box last night un-defended was the final straw for me, even though it went out of play on the other side. Stones and Mori are sub-standard at the absolute basics, I actually rate Galloway ahead of the pair of them.

To be fair we could have spent 50 million getting pep but if he has Kone and Gibson to play the tactics it means sod all
I think you'll struggle to find games where they have played together in the last 3 seasons under Martinez.

Pre season is all about assessing the squad for the new manager and getting fitness levels up, Koeman is no mug, the players you mention will be knowhere near the first 11 come the Spurs game, but he is giving players chance to impress, you can't blame him for that.

I reckon he's another one whose agent is using our name to get a new contract, especially after his excellent performances in the euros.

Plausible but I don't think Swansea would try and palm him off.

Club captain and fan favourite. Wouldn't be a good start for the new owners.

In some ways I ignore the fees now. The market has gone mad and I can't bear to think of what better uses the £100M that Manure will spend on Pogba could do to help some really poor people in this world.

In terms of age, 31/32 is nothing really for a Prem defender nowadays. Gough was way older when he signed for us and did a more than decent job of defending properly, so if we get him hopefully Williams can do the same and add some desperately needed leadership to that area of the pitch when Jags isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back