Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate I'm too old for that.
I was brought up in the Catterick days when we signed young talent like Bally and Kendall for peanuts.
If Walsh is there for a reason then he should be earning his money not just signing guys like Mata for short term pleasure of some fans

You're talking toilet.

Just because we've signed a director of football who was known for presiding over bargain signings at his previous club does not mean we suddenly cannot or should not be buying players who are proven quality also. To suggest it is simply mental.

That one is a good source.
Makes no difference who has a good source. Things change, apparantly williams was having a medical now the deal has been made difficult again.

I trust Esks little tit bits were right, but something changed and then what was meant to happen didn't. Even going back to Banega for arguments sake, they had an injury and all of a sudden that deal got a hell of a lot more difficult.

No mate, i'm just not an overly dramatic bed wetter. But you carry on if it makes you feel better having a little whinge about things that haven't happened yet, and some that haven't happened at all.

If not being like this is 'moronic' i'm really alright with it.

Pointless lol I can see you are not able to come up with anything other than tiresome cliches so let's end it there, i'm not here to argue.

It's an Everton forum lad, this is a transfer thread....for conversations about things that are happening or likely to happen at Everton football club....that's my understanding of it anyway, hence the posts on that topic.

Thats it though. Opinion. Anyone can have a source , doesn't make it true. Look on here, Esk says we are after mata and that angels delight says his source says we won't get him. One of those will be proven right come Sep 1st.

It could be no substance, papers making the story up to full space. Negative journalism towards us and positive towards Chelsea.

Could also very well be phantom bid territory mate, Chelsea are getting a reputation for mega money bids that for whatever reason never come off these days.

Both city and United have comfortably outspent what Chelsea have and this summer looks no fifferent, Roman has deffo but a ceiling on both max wage and max fee paid the past few years.

You're talking toilet.

Just because we've signed a director of football who was known for presiding over bargain signings at his previous club does not mean we suddenly cannot or should not be buying players who are proven quality also. To suggest it is simply mental.

Never mind the fact the peanuts we signed ball for was a world record fee for a player at the time.

Pointless lol I can see you are not able to come up with anything other than tiresome cliches so let's end it there, i'm not here to argue.

It's an Everton forum lad, this is a transfer thread....for conversations about things that are happening or likely to happen at Everton football club....that's my understanding of it anyway, hence the posts on that topic.

Why did you include things that didn't happen then?

If it made you feel better typing all that negative stuff then it's all good. But as you say it's a Everton forum. Where you will get responses. Sorry about that.

You're talking toilet.

Bottom line is is that I just don't think Mata is as good as most think. Personal opinion.
My point about Walsh is that I could identify Mata. Hopefully Walsh will repeat the success he had at Leicester.
By the way I don't mind you describing my posts as toilet but I do object to you using the word mental.

Makes no difference who has a good source. Things change, apparantly williams was having a medical now the deal has been made difficult again.

I trust Esks little tit bits were right, but something changed and then what was meant to happen didn't. Even going back to Banega for arguments sake, they had an injury and all of a sudden that deal got a hell of a lot more difficult.

Not sure what your point is, the source that was copied (the one i said was good) doesnt actutally say whats going to happen, it does tell us what the current state of play is, obviously you have no reason to believe it or not, the point I was making was the I do have reason to believe it.

Obviously this one isnt provable either was, as it doesnt claim to know what is going to happen, but as I said it tells where we are today....or where we where last night anyway.

I do apologise of course you are right. I was always rubbish at maths.
He was 26
I do get your point about building for the long term. However you need a blend of experience. I think you'll see a mix of both shorter term and long term signings.

I was brought up in the Catterick days when we signed young talent like Bally and Kendall for peanuts.
If Walsh is there for a reason then he should be earning his money not just signing guys like Mata for short term pleasure of some fans

Wasn't Alan Nall a British record fee at the time?

Why did you include things that didn't happen then?

If it made you feel better typing all that negative stuff then
it's all good. But as you say it's a Everton forum. Where you will get responses. Sorry about that.

Merely pointing out that the window hasn't been great so far....I have said I am happy with the manager and that we have good youth coming through,

Hmmm not quite doing that am I? as i said, just pointing out the in comings and movement not as good as we hoped for and I am pretty sure I also said time for that to change.

As I said you are doing that thing I mentioned earlier.......anything slightly negative and trying to paint the poster as a bedwetter and depressive,
It's not just you who does it, take solace in that.

Then you really should know that Ball was not signed for peanuts mate, the complete opposite in fact, the most expensive signing in football at the time we bought him.

Be like in 50 years time a United fan on a forum saying they miss the days when they signed bargains and players for peanuts like when they signed Pogba from Juve

Not arguing mate, Reid was a hero of mine when growing up - grew up about 2 minutes down the road from where he used to live etc.

Hero of mine, too, but it took him a while to settle and be accepted. I'm sure I remember reading that Colin Harvey actually apologised to Kendall about him. Harvey pushed for Kendall to sign him, with what might have been our last £60,000 - only a couple of years after Lee had offered £600,000 for him - and he just didn't seem to fit the bill once here, until things just clicked, both for Reid and the rest of the team. More than anything, he brought character and toughness. I hope we get Ashley Williams, because he'll bring those exact same qualities, which will be far more crucial than his footballing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back