Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero of mine, too, but it took him a while to settle and be accepted. I'm sure I remember reading that Colin Harvey actually apologised to Kendall about him. Harvey pushed for Kendall to sign him, with what might have been our last £60,000 - only a couple of years after Lee had offered £600,000 for him - and he just didn't seem to fit the bill once here, until things just clicked, both for Reid and the rest of the team. More than anything, he brought character and toughness. I hope we get Ashley Williams, because he'll bring those exact same qualities, which will be far more crucial than his footballing skills.

Yup you very rareloy see a succesful team without the right amount of toughness and character, something we have been missing for a fair whilst now (even under the Moyes era it was lacking)

Hmmm not quite doing that am I? as i said, just pointing out the in comings and movement not as good as we hoped for and I am pretty sure I also said time for that to change.

As I said you are doing that thing I mentioned earlier.......anything slightly negative and trying to paint the poster as a bedwetter and depressive,
It's not just you who does it, take solace in that.

Why did you feel the need to 'point out' things that haven't happened or haven't happened yet?

Pointless lol I can see you are not able to come up with anything other than tiresome cliches so let's end it there, i'm not here to argue.

It's an Everton forum lad, this is a transfer thread....for conversations about things that are happening or likely to happen at Everton football club....that's my understanding of it anyway, hence the posts on that topic.

You mind sharing which Forum you got that info from mate?

You don't have to link it, but you can tell us...

Not sure what your point is, the source that was copied (the one i said was good) doesnt actutally say whats going to happen, it does tell us what the current state of play is, obviously you have no reason to believe it or not, the point I was making was the I do have reason to believe it.

Obviously this one isnt provable either was, as it doesnt claim to know what is going to happen, but as I said it tells where we are today....or where we where last night anyway.
The general point is, anything you read from a 'source' has to be taken on face value only. YOu have no idea if it is true or not, and there has been cases even on here of good sources then getting things wrong afterwards but people buy into it because they have had previous information.

So for arguments sake i say lukaku won't be sold and chelsea aren't interested. So if come september that is all true, then what is the difference between me saying that in a general comment and me saying i have a 'source'? If it turns out to be right then it cannot be unproven i don't have a source as the information provided was correct.

Which essentially just highlights my point, just because someone says it does not make it true in any situation. It is all face value and if you choose to believe what the source says (like myself with Esk's comments) then if it doesn't come off then you are a fool for buying it.

playing devils advocate, sky sports saying berahino future to be sorted today or tomorrow . wouldnt mind him here and koeman would work wonders with him

Could also very well be phantom bid territory mate, Chelsea are getting a reputation for mega money bids that for whatever reason never come off these days.

Both city and United have comfortably outspent what Chelsea have and this summer looks no fifferent, Roman has deffo but a ceiling on both max wage and max fee paid the past few years.

Chelsea's got a net expenditure of 60 mil so far this summer which will very likely rise to a cool 100 mil when the buy a striker. Man utd have spent about the same and City about 10 mil more. Not that big a difference if you ask me.

You're talking toilet.

Just because we've signed a director of football who was known for presiding over bargain signings at his previous club does not mean we suddenly cannot or should not be buying players who are proven quality also. To suggest it is simply mental.

Completely agree. And we didn't pay peanuts for either Ball or Kendall. Both were big, big fees for the time - Ball a record, I think, at least for a teenager - and were by far from hidden gems. We beat Leeds to Ball, a World Cup winner, and beat Liverpool to get Kendall. Whether we sign proven quality, overlooked gems, or promising young talent is immaterial, as is the price. The only thing that matters is that the player is the right one.

The general point is, anything you read from a 'source' has to be taken on face value only. YOu have no idea if it is true or not, and there has been cases even on here of good sources then getting things wrong afterwards but people buy into it because they have had previous information.

So for arguments sake i say lukaku won't be sold and chelsea aren't interested. So if come september that is all true, then what is the difference between me saying that in a general comment and me saying i have a 'source'? If it turns out to be right then it cannot be unproven i don't have a source as the information provided was correct.

Which essentially just highlights my point, just because someone says it does not make it true in any situation. It is all face value and if you choose to believe what the source says (like myself with Esk's comments) then if it doesn't come off then you are a fool for buying it.

well not really though Ash. As you said things can change.

However, people just - like you said - need to take posts at face value. I believe the info, for example, that Esk shares is reliable at the time he shares it. That's all. I don't expect him to know every detail or the like.

Some people seem to, with any 'ITK'.

Chelsea's got a net expenditure of 60 mil so far this summer which will very likely rise to a cool 100 mil when the buy a striker. Man utd have spent about the same and City about 10 mil more. Not that big a difference if you ask me.

They have bought a striker already mate

They also haven't started the business of selling players - which with no European footy on offer they will 100% have to trim that squad down A LOT, especially as Conte looks to want to bring in a fair few more players.

At the end of the Summer will bet that Chesleas net spend is Massively lower than either City or Uniteds and more on a par with what the rs, spurs and we do

Yup you very rareloy see a succesful team without the right amount of toughness and character, something we have been missing for a fair whilst now (even under the Moyes era it was lacking)

Right now, the quality that should be the top of any list of criteria is Hates Losing, followed by Neither makes nor accepts Excuses. It's been far too long since we've had either a player or a manager who can claim either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back