Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
its from someone called Garence on toffeeweb

yeh I've seen it now mate.

he seems to have some decent info, but then others he has got wrong, just like anybody I suppose.

Wait and see.

I'm still sticking by my gut instinct that he'll stay, but this is almost definitely gonna drag on until the end of the window IMO.

my gut feeling is still that Lukaku will stay, but I do expect we'll see a sizeable Chelsea bid actually come in and a lot of media pressure for him to be sold.

Hopefully we resist it all and keep him.
Yes all the spin will be about Everton holding back his career. There will be nothing that it was Chelsea who sold him to us because they didn't rate the lad and that Everton were prepared to break their transfer record to end his 'Chelsea misery'.

Yes all the spin will be about Everton holding back his career. There will be nothing that it was Chelsea who sold him to us because they didn't rate the lad and that Everton were prepared to break their transfer record to end his 'Chelsea misery'.

only because as it stands mate the entire story is being leaked by Chelsea's side, while reliable journos in regards Everton (e.g. Hunter) are claiming there has yet to be a bid.

A lot of smoke and mirrors on both sides I imagine. All that's certain is that we will do all we can to retain him I think - a few more signings over the line should show Rom we're heading in the right direction.

there was call from us or the media to lower the 28m asking price for an unwanted player who would have warmed the bench at Chelsea either. They named their price and we met their demand. Flip it and all of a sudden we are being unreasonable for not budging on our valuation of key players.

Yes you are absolutely right and of course I knew that. I am just getting fed up at the money thrown around today. Peanuts was obviously the wrong word to use. But I guess if you compared the money pound for pound then today's prices would be much higher in real terms.
It's more so the money these guys earn today that frustrates me. Compared to them Bally did earn peanuts
You should post more often mate. You sound like someone who's got his head screwed on right. The bells will try to run you out of town though.

This culture does seem to permeating the forum I must admit. I got called a bedwetter simply for laughing my head off at Everton's inability to do anything properly in the transfer market

Truth is that we aren't that different to that lot over the park. Delusion is accepted more than realism, those who don't accept the delusion are excommunicated or labelled as bedwetters. To give examples of this, the 'best squad in 30 years' has failed to reach the top half of the table for the last two years. The person who assembled this squad was being described as a saviour less than seven months ago, but now our inability to reach the top half of the table is all down to his tactics and management style. The truth is that the squad itself is very poor and miles away from what is required to compete for top four. People are now using the word 'unbalanced' as a euphemism to describe a sub standard squad that is in urgent need of an overhaul.

there was call from us or the media to lower the 28m asking price for an unwanted player who would have warmed the bench at Chelsea either. They named their price and we met their demand. Flip it and all of a sudden we are being unreasonable for not budging on our valuation of key players.

Because we aren't bowing down the the "top" (in sky's definition) teams.

They don't like it, it doesn't fit their story.

"Plucky Everton break transfer record for agreeing Chelsea's Demands"

"Everton are ruining football for not agreeing to lower their price to what Chelsea want to pay"

KnobJockeys, the lot of them

what are you on about though? you're making presumptions.

last night you claimed it was our fault that the Williams deal had hit a snag, when it's clearly evident Swansea have moved the goal posts. That happens to a lot of clubs, not just us.

It happens way too often for it not to be our fault. I said from the moment we were first linked that we wouldn't sign Williams, nothing has felt right about this deal, it's never felt like it's been on to me

Truth is that we aren't that different to that lot over the park. Delusion is accepted more than realism, those who don't accept the delusion are excommunicated or labelled as bedwetters. To give examples of this, the 'best squad in 30 years' has failed to reach the top half of the table for the last two years. The person who assembled this squad was being described as a saviour less than seven months ago, but now our inability to reach the top half of the table is all down to his tactics and management style. The truth is that the squad itself is very poor and miles away from what is required to compete for top four. People are now using the word 'unbalanced' as a euphemism to describe a sub standard squad that is in urgent need of an overhaul.
Great post.

It happens way too often for it not to be our fault. I said from the moment we were first linked that we wouldn't sign Williams, nothing has felt right about this deal, it's never felt like it's been on to me

we've agreed terms with the player...

we had agreed a deal in principle with Swansea, who then came back and wanted us to up our offer.

That is out of our control. Now we either pay what Swansea are asking (we may already be willing to do that) or we will move on.

Very good sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back