Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have bought a striker already mate

They also haven't started the business of selling players - which with no European footy on offer they will 100% have to trim that squad down A LOT, especially as Conte looks to want to bring in a fair few more players.

At the end of the Summer will bet that Chesleas net spend is Massively lower than either City or Uniteds and more on a par with what the rs, spurs and we do

my gut feeling is still that Lukaku will stay, but I do expect we'll see a sizeable Chelsea bid actually come in and a lot of media pressure for him to be sold.

Hopefully we resist it all and keep him.

The general point is, anything you read from a 'source' has to be taken on face value only. YOu have no idea if it is true or not, and there has been cases even on here of good sources then getting things wrong afterwards but people buy into it because they have had previous information.

So for arguments sake i say lukaku won't be sold and chelsea aren't interested. So if come september that is all true, then what is the difference between me saying that in a general comment and me saying i have a 'source'? If it turns out to be right then it cannot be unproven i don't have a source as the information provided was correct.

Which essentially just highlights my point, just because someone says it does not make it true in any situation. It is all face value and if you choose to believe what the source says (like myself with Esk's comments) then if it doesn't come off then you are a fool for buying it.

In general I totally agree with what you are saying, I was making a specific point about this source, for a number of reasons I believe it be correct, which means as of last night, there wasnt a person alive who could say if Rom wants to stay, as he doent know himself.

In general I totally agree with what you are saying, I was making a specific point about this source, for a number of reasons I believe it be correct, which means as of last night, there wasnt a person alive who could say if Rom wants to stay, as he doent know himself.

I've seen the OP on the other forum mate. Have only had a brief check on that 'sources' previous posts - seems he called Gueye but in fairness so did many on here (saying he'd sign quickly wasn't really hard to judge, and the said source on the other forum only posted after the initial media reports as far as I can see).

I've seen the OP on the other forum mate. Have only had a brief check on that 'sources' previous posts - seems he called Gueye but in fairness so did many on here (saying he'd sign quickly wasn't really hard to judge, and the said source on the other forum only posted after the initial media reports as far as I can see).

I have visited that board for over 15 years, the poster longer, if you look at the specifics of the post he made (i.e Family related) if its not true, he is making it up, that would be out of character. Other ITK posts he has made come from sources not so close so perhaps in the category of normal ITK stuff.

Then you really should know that Ball was not signed for peanuts mate, the complete opposite in fact, the most expensive signing in football at the time we bought him.

Be like in 50 years time a United fan on a forum saying they miss the days when they signed bargains and players for peanuts like when they signed Pogba from Juve
Yes you are absolutely right and of course I knew that. I am just getting fed up at the money thrown around today. Peanuts was obviously the wrong word to use. But I guess if you compared the money pound for pound then today's prices would be much higher in real terms.
It's more so the money these guys earn today that frustrates me. Compared to them Bally did earn peanuts

This culture does seem to permeating the forum I must admit. I got called a bedwetter simply for laughing my head off at Everton's inability to do anything properly in the transfer market

Bedwetter :p:p

All of you other bedwetters that were panicking that the new sponsors would be fruity king - forget it !

Because of the swampy matress situation developing on Merseyside at the moment we are proud to announce that our new long term sponsorship deal will be with Tena Pants!

Happy swamping - swampers;)

This culture does seem to permeating the forum I must admit. I got called a bedwetter simply for laughing my head off at Everton's inability to do anything properly in the transfer market

what are you on about though? you're making presumptions.

last night you claimed it was our fault that the Williams deal had hit a snag, when it's clearly evident Swansea have moved the goal posts. That happens to a lot of clubs, not just us.

Always make me chuckle when people have a go at ITK's - no one apart from the parties involved can now anything about what is ultimately an uncertain situation, a contract negotiation. Really its us that are hanging on for even the sniff of a rumour that create the vicious circle, but ultimately its a good thing. We are passionate about the club we love.

You just have to take them for what they are - tit bits and rumours. We're being linked with a lot more people than usual because of the new owner, which is making the problem that bit worse this season. On the other hand if my agent wasn't linking me to someone with money to get me a new contract at my current club I would sack them. All compounded by persuading quality to come when we've finished bottom half - no european football and FFP.

It's all a big game isn't it. The clubs doing the business of transfers, agents swooping around trying to make cash, the traditional media drumming up ad revenue and lots of football sites and twitter accounts trying to carve a slice out for themselves with [Poor language removed] articles and worse linked reports. Then there is us the fans left in the middle - it makes your head swim the amount of people we have been linked to - in all honesty I get upset about people we haven't signed who Id never heard of a week ago let alone seen play. So goes the transfer merry-go-round.

So I say thanks to the ITKs, they make the long close season more entertaining - and help bridge the gap until we can see the boys at Goodison again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back