Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devils Advocate time.

What do we do if we end up waiting all window for these players to decide to join us only to be turned down at the last minute? In that situation what do we do? Do we splurge wildly on back ups which will then be over priced or do we start the season as we are? If witsel Carvalhio mata and the like are going to be weeks away, what do we do if every single one falls through?

ON PDC WATCH

Talk is that Chelsea are offering 70 mill but it includes a make wieght in the form of Remy, now I do not know much about him, it appears though people on here don't rate him, so it is a no goer?

What about Bas Dost of Wolfsburg, ie he any good?

Devils Advocate time.

What do we do if we end up waiting all window for these players to decide to join us only to be turned down at the last minute? In that situation what do we do? Do we splurge wildly on back ups which will then be over priced or do we start the season as we are? If witsel Carvalhio mata and the like are going to be weeks away, what do we do if every single one falls through?

prob a plan for that, i think we might do deals right up to and on deadline day..prices drop when clubs/agents realise they arent gonna get ridiculous fees/wages

this will obviously mess up the start of the season, but this is a long term plan...better to do this than get absolutely rinsed

hence the gueye deal has gone through cos of the release clause

possibly

Devils Advocate time.

What do we do if Lukaku's legs fall off after he signs a new contract and Koeman fires Coleman and Baines out of a cannon ?

ON PDC WATCH

Talk is that Chelsea are offering 70 mill but it includes a make wieght in the form of Remy, now I do not know much about him, it appears though people on here don't rate him, so it is a no goer?

What about Bas Dost of Wolfsburg, ie he any good?
Das Boot would be instant cult player. Would gladly take him

Can you actually give an example of this from some poster Dym? I would reckon not, and think that kind of comment is akin to a tabloid news article with nada to back it up.

The truth is you constantly, and almost exclusively, post negative comments. Very tiresome. Reality is taking a balanced view of things, and I think I would say the majority of the posters who keep pulling up the moaners are balanced. Reality is not unbalanced and incessant posting of a purely negative outlook on something.

Some people would prefer the forum is not dragged down in heads on fire comments or constant one-eyed negativity

It isn't negativity though, it's realism. The squad is in an awful state, and the notion that it is the best in 30 years is preposterous. This is evidenced by the fact that it has failed to reach even the top half of the table for the last two consecutive years, and by the fact that Koeman is clearly trying to overhaul central midfield and our defence. The reason he is targeting those positions is because the players that currently occupy those positions are so far below the standard that is required to compete beyond midtable in the Premier League.

We will see a repeat of the last two god awful seasons unless we bring in quality players to REPLACE the sub standard dross that we have at the moment. You are quite entitled to delude yourself into thinking otherwise, but the truth is that without such changes we will be battling it out with Stoke and Crystal Palace for 10th place.

If the new players come, then fine, we may be able to progress beyond midtable. But until that happens, I don't see any point in continuing the two year long delusion that everything is great, when it clearly isn't.

"There are numerous strikers who could potentially come in and score those goals, they probably won't cost £75m either."

Easy to type, harder to do. It took us 25 years to find a reliable goal-scorer. Money is no guarantee of success in finding one either. When you get one you move heaven and earth to keep them, flaws and all.

Indeed - very easy to type. We have experts in the field employed by the club to do this, I do not think it is beyond their capability to achieve it.
It hasn't taken other clubs 25 years - I doubt it will take Everton a further 25 years either.

Imagine there's a list here of players with over 18+ goals a season over the past 5 years. There are plenty of names on it - they're not once in a lifetime players.

Look at it objectively.

In
Idrissa Gueye - £7.2m
Maarten Stekelenburg - £850k

Out
Tim Howard - Free
Felipe Mattinoni - Free
Tony Hibbert - Retired
Leon Osman - Retired
Steven Pienaar - Free

Looking at that, we've already improved our squad. One or two more (pending no sales) and I think we'll be there or there abouts.

It's Hobson's Choice for us with Lukaku.

I am not totally opposed to selling particularly with his attitude but it seems to me we would be doing it at the wrong time. We have already seen this summer that having additional financial resources does not make things as straightforward as we would have expected, having potentially even more money from the proceeds of a Lukaku sale (and Stones) would give us what, £200m+ in the coffers, adding to this season's existing budget, or so we are led to understand.

The issue with Lukaku leaving is that we will in all likelihood not be able to replace his goals in a like-for-like alternative. Even if we can afford to sign such a player, they are likely to be out of our scope of attractiveness.

If Lukaku leaves, does Koeman then go out and sign 3 strikers, in the hope that cumulatively, the lost goals will be replaced? That is a very risky strategy, replacing quality with quantity, at worst.

They both played Premier league football last season.

what i was trying to say was for all the talk of big signings from all these top clubs, we have got 3000 pages of thread and we are signing players from championship clubs.

Whether they have played at that level or not is a moot point because it means nothing in regards to their ability. Just never would have thought sitting here 3rd august that our only signings are from the division below. If you could go back to page one and make that prediction i'm sure you would have been laughed off the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back