Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Ash, £50mil wouldn't get you Troy Deeney and Wijnaldum...

We will be spending 20m for Williams and Gueye mate, so what your saying really is that if we bought Butland for 30m then the forum would fume, maybe some would but they'd be bloody idiots to fume about getting a top class keeper in for 30m who we'd get the next 10-14 years out off

I'm not talking about not signing these players lol

I'm saying if that was our transfer business so far to sign them three ahead of the names banded about then a lot of people would be severley underwhelmed on here for the fact that is what our money is buying so far. Can disagree all day long but look at the reaction a few hours after Gueye signed, imagine that on a larger scale because instead of juan mata and axel witsel we got ashley williams and jack butland (most boring type to sign) for the same price.

Assuming Stones is gone we needed the following ideally:

1x GK
2x CB (assuming Williams will be in as 1)
2x CM (Gueye in as 1)
1x LM
1x ST

That means even once Williams signs (likely next week) we'll still need 4-5 more signings through the door. I just can't see us making that many deals with less than 4 weeks to go.

1x GK
2x CM (Gueye in as 1)
1x LM
1x ST

That means even once Williams signs (likely next week) we'll still need 4-5 more signings through the door. I just can't see us making that many deals with less than 4 weeks to go.
How do you say "We'll go with what we've got" in Dutch?

1x GK
2x CM (Gueye in as 1)
1x LM
1x ST

we made three deals in an hour on deadline day a few years back.

stop fretting. the deals will happen, one way or another.

I rarely don't post, but some of complaining is getting a little much. Do you really think an ITK would pass on what information they've heard, only for it to be false? Things change so quickly in today's football.

Example: My friend's dad is Managing Director for a SPL team. While he's been on faction visiting his son, he's allowed us to sit in on the conference calls between decision other decision makers and potential signings and their representatives. I've personally heard deals supposedly completed, only to hear an hour later that it hasn't. From "we got a flat tire" to "his dog got a stomach ache " on the way to the medical.

Those aren't even world class players being signed. I could only imagine how fluid the situation is for players that have top clubs from different leagues, image rights, etc. that have to be negotiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back